Chapter 2: Crap I Just got Abducted

Start from the beginning

   "Uhmm.. OK." He stutters.

   I sigh as he starts to gather his stuff.

    I stand up as he does.

    "Well you could.. Um, or... You could just stick with the hood."

     I yelp as I stumble into him. He lightly pushes me away, not realizing... I just stole his wallet.

     He starts to walk away.

      "You can't just walk away. With great power comes... A lot of freaky crap you are NOT ready for." I tell him.

      I catch up to him. I slip his ID out of his wallet and stick it in my pocket.

      "Now look my office..."

     "You have a office?" He asks astonished.

     I bump him playfully, slipping his wallet back.

      "Well yah. It's mobile, OK it's a van. So it's my home base." I ramble. "But it's in the alley around the corner. Free wifi 24/7... Stop by anytime."

    A familiar look of pity crosses his face.

    "Thank you." He walks away.

    "Bye! Remember they're coming for you..." I look at the ID "Mike."

★★★★★

    I go back to my van and searched Mike's name and scanned what came up. With all of his information on his ID, it will be easier to find information on him. Especially things I can blackmail him with, if needed. Hopefully not needed though.  Nothing to interesting. Then I saw something.

   "Ace." I mutter. "His son."

   Of COURSE. He WILL come to me now. Only a matter of time. To protect his son.

    I could send the information I know so far in, or I could wait for my new friend Mike to come and then hit the pot of gold.

★★★★

   Rising Tide has requested for me to do a mini anonymous podcast. And of course I'm doing it.

   I hook my mic and test it.

    I clear my throat and start to talk.

    It's  mostly prewritten. I think it's pretty dull. But hey I'm getting paid. And a lot of it is information that I think should be put out into the world. 

★★★★★

     I glance at the rest of the script.

     "How will you come at us? From the air? From the ground? How will you silence us this time?"

Blah blah blah blah. Ok I'm hungry now. 

    "You cannot find us! You will never stop Rising Tide. You will NEVER see our faces!"

       Ironically a huge bang followed by my van door being violently opened occurs. There stood a stiff younger man... And a smiling middle age dude.

     "What up?" I say casually though I could feel the colour drain from my face. Was this Rising Tide? The goverment? Third party I pissed off? 

     I scream as the younger dude yanks me roughly out. His grip is to tight on my shoulder. A rough black bag is forced over my head.

★★★★★

     When the bag is taken off my head I discover I was in a interrogation room of sorts... Also that my hands are cuffed to the table in front of me.

    "You guys are making a big mistake." I tell them looking up to the two men growling angrily. This was not good. This was not a good situation for me. 

    "Funny." Stiff says. "You don't look that big. Or that old...
How old are you?"

    "18." I tell them without hesitating.

    They do not react. 

     "Ward be nice." The smiley older one says. He looks at me. "Ward here has had some-ahh background with your group... Rising Tide."

    "What? Huh??? Umm well..." Feigning confusion. 

    "There are two ways we can do this." Ward informs me.

     "Oh is one of them the easy way?" I ask smirking.

     "No."

     "Oh."

      "Ward. She's just a kid." Smiley says. "What's your name?" He asks.

       I chew my lip.

     Should I tell them? I mean I don't have a last name, and I already cleared myself from existence.

    "Skye."

    Immediately I get "How about your real name?" From Mister stiff.

       I sent him a hurt look.

     "That can wait. We need a certain hero's name more then we need yours."

     "Yahhh how about no?"

★★★★

Edited 4/12/2020