Chapter 1; Hooded Hero

★★★★

      I had tracked Centipede to this building. It wasn't a very attractive building, and there was nothing special about it at all. I had my suspicions that Rising Tide may be testing me, but I stick around and see if there's anything anyway.

    I had hacked into the building's audio feeds and now everything was being put into an encrypted file in my van. I was just hanging around now taking a few pictures, seeing if there was anything out of the ordinary happening.

    I sigh and raise my phone again and snap one more final picture. But instead I accidentally take a video, I growl in frustration but then freeze.

BOOOOOM!!!

    I let out a yelp as all the windows shatter in the building! People scream around me as flames appear.

     " What the heck?" I ask, as I back up.

   The fire sweeps through the building, and smoke billows out the now shattered windows. I silently start to panic, but I don't know why. Deja vu hits me hard, but I can't remember what this reminds me of.

   I glance around me, and I'm not the only one holding my phone up videotaping what is happening before us.

   Good, I blend in.

     Out of the corner of my eye I see a tall dark figure whiz past. I almost scream as I see a hooded figure leaping up the side of the building. He ( Assuming that the figure is male) vaults into the window, everyone gasp.

    "Is it one of the Avengers?" Someone asks.

   " Get the person out of the building!" Someone gasps.

      I stand in awe for several seconds before a loud crash followed by the figure leaping out of the building... And landing in front of me. He gently places a hysterical woman down.

    My phone clutching hand falters as he looks up at me, giving me a good look at his face.

    He stares at me for 3 hard long seconds, before turning away and running. I rush forward and kneel down to the woman.

    I turn off my phone and put a hand on her neck feeling for her pulse. It appears normal.

      " Someone get an ambulance! Or doctor! Please, come on guys..." I yell to the people around me. "  You're okay. Everything's going to be fine." I tell the lady, as her hazel eyes fill with tears.

★★★★

     "Crap." I say to myself, this week had been intense and I needed to go get food that I could keep in my van. I hadn't been staying in hotels lately - I'd driven upstate a while ago and it just worked out that way. Without hotel breakfasts and vending machines, the effort to get food had discouraged me from going to an actual grocery store. 

Sighing I snack on my last granola bar and work on my laptop. After editing the video a bit I send it to my boss, and post it on the Rising Tide website.

I rub my eyes, and clear my throat.

Uhg. Need sleep. 

My phone buzzes and I look down. It's a message from one of the leaders of Rising Tide. 

'Good video. I want know more about this 'Hooded Hero'. Did you get a good look at him? FIND HIM. Warn him about SHIELD Tell him to go public... ASAP, PLEASE?'

I smile before replying. I didn't usually get to engage with people. This could be fun. 

On it.

★★★

Edited 4/12/2020