"At the reception. I didn't tell you because I needed time to think. Now I have an important question to ask you and I only want the truth. Please. Were you the one who told Tyler about the kiss we shared?" I didn't feel like beating around the bush any longer. All I wanted was answers and I hoped Daniel would give them to me. My problem was less that he possibly told and more that he acted as my friend for so long, stringing me along like a complete fool.

He gulped, staring at me. "Is there a possibility of us ever being together, as a couple?"

"No, I'm sorry," I looked him straight in the eyes. "I can't imagine being with anyone other than Tyler."

He looked down, nodding in acceptance. The tension in the air was unbearably thick. I could almost feel how hurt he was. "Yes, I told him," he finally admitted. Even though, deep down, I knew that already, I was praying he would have said otherwise. I wanted him to tell me that he hadn't taken advantage of my emotional state all those months ago just to get closer to me. "And I'm also sorry because I can't bear to see you around him all the time," he walked towards me. My eyes shut as he leaned in and softly kissed my cheek, his lips lingering there for a moment too long. "Goodbye, Arissa. I truly hope he keeps you happy."

I let out a deep breath, opening my eyes. "You can't just do that!" I burst out as he walked back to his house. "You can't drop that bombshell and expect me to walk away quietly!" I turned around. His hand was on the door handle and he didn't look back. "Why did you lie? I was supposed to tell him. You ruined everything and allowed me to blame Jason just so you could be the shoulder I leaned on. Did you hate me so much that you destroyed the best thing I had in my life?"

"I hated Tyler, not you. He didn't appreciate you, Arissa." All the while he spoke, he faced the other way. "You were kidnapped and assaulted by a lunatic due to your association with him and he couldn't forgive a kiss? A man like that doesn't deserve you and never will." He swiftly opened the door and slipped inside, leaving me outside with my heap of emotions.

-

"You don't like him, do you?" Heidi warily asked me.

My eyes widened at her even thinking that and I furiously shook my head. "No! I definitely don't. I'm just upset, you know? 1 and a half years isn't a small amount of time. I can't believe I never saw through him."

"I don't want to say this, but," she began, "maybe there was nothing to see through? What I mean to say is, maybe he truly loves you."

"Heidi, stop. I can't," I held up my hands, "I just can't afford to think like that when the only person I love is—"

"Me, I hope?" A voice interrupted us. Tyler walked into my room with a bag full of goodies. We planned on having movie night tonight but I didn't know if I was up for it anymore. He dropped the bag on my bed and leaned down to press his lips against mine. His kisses felt so much more heated and hungry now, like he was channelling all the world's passion into loving me, and I couldn't blame him because I knew mine must have felt more eager too.

"I'm still here in case you didn't notice," Heidi raised her hand. Tyler pulled away, rolling his eyes as I cheekily smiled.

"Trust me, I noticed," he groaned. I reached out for his hand and shuffled along my bed to make room for him. Once he was seated, his hand went straight for the bag and he pulled out a large packet of sweet popcorn, tearing it open before stuffing a handful into his mouth.