Chapter 22

*Chris's P.O.V.*

We trudged back into the house, tired of course, we had decided to stay outside for a bit to get our minds straight. It was a mystery to how much of this didn't make sense and I was really tired of Ricky comparing everything to saw. He acted like everything was some sort of movie and yeah, at first it was funny and amusing, but now it's serious and scary as f.uck. As we opened the door, we saw Vic and Kellin going upstairs and we were going to question them before we heard crying. We ran into the kitchen, and as soon as we opened the door, I wanted to just have my brains blown out.

Alysha was on the floor, a knife in her hand and her throat slit. It was enough, I was actually tired of dying, no matter how natural it was. No, I had reached my limits with the death numbers steadily rising. It was like we were in the house of an executioner. Austin still had Hannah in his arms and Gerard was trying to keep himself from throwing up. Bret was trying to keep the blood from getting on him or anything else, and it was all in all ridiculous.

"It's like there's a d.amn hit out on us." I told the guys.

"This is ridiculous, no matter what happens, people keep dying. What the he.ll is going on?" Ronnie asked.

"What if there's a safe house here? Maybe we can find an attic or basement and just hide out there. Because no matter where else we go, nothing's stopping." Ricky suggested and I partially agreed with that idea.

"This is crazy. If someone wants us dead, we're dying. No doubt about that." He said and pushed past me and Ricky. "Movies don't come true, you're such a f.ucking idiot."

"You don't have any good explanations to what's going on, but if you do, please let me know." Ricky snapped back and everyone in the kitchen was quiet.

"You know what, I do. It's nearing morning, the sun's about to shine, so there you have it. I'm packing food for me and whoever wants to go and I'm going to find some d.amn help. And if you two imbeciles want to sit there and compare movies and gossip, I'll let you. But im getting the h.ell up out of here." He said, going out the kitchen and quickly coming back with a bag.

He emptied out the contents on the floor near Alysha's body and started to look for food. Opening cabinets which cans and finding crackers, creating a mess and he didn't seem to care.

"If you're going with me, I advise you pack now." He gave everyone the heads up and the only people that didn't move were me, Austin, and Ricky. Everyone started to dig in the cabinets that Ronnie opened and took out some food.

"Ronnie, you're being-" I started but was stopped.

"I'm being what? Stupid, smart, unreasonable? What is it?" He said, going to the fridge and placing his hand on the handle before looking at me. "Chris, I'm so tired of being scared and afraid all the time. I'm going to get help for all of us, and you can either come, or don't." He said with a shrug and pulled the fridge open, a big wet bang escaping as a hole blew through Ronnie's chest.

I went over to the fridge quickly to see there was a shot gun rigged in the fridge and it had shot right through Ronnie's chest. I looked around at everyone who seemed more scared than anything and were holding on to each other. I reached inside and tried to pull it out, but it was almost as if it was welded into the fridge, not moving in the slightest. I groaned and let it go, looking in the fridge and seeing bottles of water. I started pulling them out and tossing them on the counter to everyone that was there. They all grabbed them as I tossed them out, starting to drink some.

"Listen, we have to try to ration this, we have to scavenge and share this." I told them, closing the fridge and holding on to the last eight bottles that no one claimed.

I went to the food that Ronnie had packed and he was such an idiot and I can't believe he wouldn't just calm down. He packed food that needed to be cooked, all except crackers, which was just about the only thing we could probably eat. I looked around the kitchen and saw a can opener, which I suppose we could use it but we need to find an electrical outlet. I thought about that and just, no, I can't take the chance of someone getting electrocuted. I took ahold of the can opener and pulled the plug from the wall, taking it in my arms and putting it on the table. I watched as everyone started to open the easy lid opener cans and eat the contents.

"They all look like wild scavenger coyotes." I whispered to Ricky and he nodded, taking a pack of crackers and starting to eat them.

"Well they haven't eaten in a while." He answered back and that was sadly true. I felt so bad for each of them, looking down at Ronnie's body and feeling Ricky touch my arm.

"What if you're right?" I asked him and turned to him and he looked so confused, chewing on his cracker. "What if we do need to hide?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Well, we'll have to find a place to hide."