Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"And then, you won't believe this, he kissed her! He kissed her right in front of his mate! I felt so bad for Chelsea, but I mean she had it coming to her, being the school slut and all. And then-- Faith, Faith my god are you even listening to me!?" Jenna, my best friend waved her hand in front of my face. I shook my head, releasing myself of the daze I was in and smiled at her. She glared, "Did you hear anything I just told you?"

I nodded, "He kissed her in front of Chelsea, you feel bad but she deserved it, blah, blah, blah." 

Rolling her eyes, Jenna put down the top she was examining back in my closet, "You have such adorable clothes! You always waste them by wearing jeans and t-shirts. Hun, it's not eighth grade anymore. I mean it's summer and we're going into junior year in just one week! And really, you need to start flaunting your bod, Faith. You're like, a freaking super model!" 

Scoffing, I shook my head, "Jenna, I'm 5'1". I'm no super model." 

"You could be!" She sang, holding up a summer dress that was in my closet. She mock scolded me, "Why was this hidden?" 

"Because it's a dress!" I said, flopping backwards on my bed. 

Sometimes I wondered why I put up with the psycho that was digging through my closet. Then I remember that she's one of the only people that put up with my besides our other best friend Max. Just as I thought that, the door burst open, and Max walked in. 

There was no denying he was very, very, attractive. 

"Hello, ladies," He said, giving his award winning smile. 

I rolled my eyes, "Get lost." 

He shrugged, "That's how I ended up here." 

Once again, I rolled my eyes, then shoved him playfully. 

Jenna stepped out of my closet and held up another dress, she turned to him, "Max, don't you agree Faith should start wearing clothes the actually flatter her?" 

"Hell yeah," He said, smirking. 

This earned him a slap from me. 

There was a knock at my door and my mom poked her head into my room, "Faith, I need you guys to all come downstairs." 

With a confused look across the three of our faces, we went downstairs to meet my parents and older brother, Jason, who was going into his senior year at the same high school I was going into. I sat on the couch with my friends, Jason in the chair and my mom and dad sitting on the love seat. 

Dad was the first to talk, "We have some news for you guys." 

"Please don't tell me mom's pregnant," I immediately spewed out, clamping my mouth shut as soon as the words came out. 

Mom laughed and shook her head no. Thank god

"Well, there's bad news. Your guys' uncle and your father's brother, Marc, was killed in a rogue attack last week. That pack's alpha contacted your father, seeing as though he was Marc's only living relative, and asked that he fill in his place as beta." Mom told us. 

"So, dad's moving?" Jason asked, a thoughtful expression on his face. 

Dad chuckled, "Not just me. We are moving." 

I stared at him in shock, my mouth slightly ajar. Suddenly, Jenna sprang up, "This is so unfair Mr. and Mrs. H! You can't take Faith away from me! You can't let her leave me here alone with this idiot!" She gestured to Max who just shrugged.