Chapter 18

It only took one word to make me nervous. Hunt. Hunter explained to me how to hunt and how it was best if there was only one human within the area and to pounce on them off guard. However, since there was the two of us it would be easier now.

Hunter took a couple steps back to take a good look at me, but when he looked at my feet he looked at his feet then back to mine, "Huh... You have claws on your feet but I don't," he said.

I looked down at my feet and then his. He was right; I had sharp claws on my feet while Hunter had none.

Hunter stood there thinking for a long time, "Hmmmm.... I wanna try something," he said while taking my hand and leading me outside the apartment.

"W-wait where are we going?" I asked as I pulled my hood up with my other hand.

"You'll see," he said and briefly smiled at me from over his shoulder.

When we were outside he let me go and looked up at the brick wall, "Ok! Now trying climbing the wall," he told me.

I looked at him shocked, "What? How am I supposed to do that?" I asked.

He put his hand on my shoulder and smiled at me, "Just try and I'll catch you if you fall," he said reassuringly.

I let out a low growl, but I still did as he said. I reached up and dug my claws into the bricks and did the same with the ones on my feet. I heaved myself up and gradually kept going and before I knew it, I was on the roof of a six story building. I looked down at the tiny Hunter and he gave me thumbs up. I waved back, but then I heard something, it was gunfire. I spun around and raced to the other side of the rooftop and looked over the edge. There was a man fighting off a horde of zombies and he was doing fairly well I had to admit. I took this as an opportunity to catch my first meal, although it wasn't very wise to do it without Hunter, I was too hungry to pass up the good chance coming up.

The man started backing up toward the building as I got ready to pounce. When he was within perfect range, my instincts took over and I let out a high pitched screech which was even higher pitched than Hunter's.

I leaped down and landed right on the survivors back. I had him pinned on his stomach while he struggled to get out from under me, "Get off me you little freak!" he yelled.

Since it was my first catch, I wasn't sure what to do. Unfortunately, I loosened my grip which got me tossed right off his back. I hit the ground hard and skidded across the concrete.

The man rose to his feet and walked over to me while rubbing his shoulder, "You sneaky little vermin," he hissed.

I snarled back and tried getting up, but he merely kicked me back down and stomped on my back. I let out a screech of pain and squirmed uselessly under his massive foot trying to free myself, but with no progress.

"Let me go!" I hissed still struggling for my freedom.

He chuckled and put more force on my back, "The only place you're going is straight to hell where you can rot for the rest of eternity."

I heard the unmistakable click of the safety switch on his gun. I closed my eyes and merely waited for him to pull the trigger. When suddenly I heard another loud screech and felt the weight on my back disappear.

I turned around just in time to see Hunter punch the cruel man right in the face causing him to fall to the ground. Hunter then hopped onto the man and started tearing away at his torso. The man wailed in pain as Hunter continued scratching ferociously. I couldn't help feel a slight pinch of satisfaction seeing the survivor being killed since he hurt me physically, and a little bit verbally.

When I saw the blood my instincts completely took over and I hopped over to Hunter and my meal and started eating his arm while Hunter claimed the torso. Thankfully the man was quite large so there was plenty for both of us to eat to our content. When we were done, I looked at my hands and claws that were now covered in blood. It made me somewhat disgusted in a way, but I ignored it and looked at Hunter. He was still eating since he hadn't had food in a fairly long time now. He looked so hungry that I didn't dare to disturb him or he might swipe at me unintentionally, so I waited.

When he was finally finished, he looked at the man's face and a devilish grin appeared on his face. "That had to be the best meal I've ever had," he said not taking his eyes off the man's face.

"Why is that?" I asked as I licked my hands clean.

"Well he was appetizing first of all," he said then licked his lips. "But what made it better was," he turned and faced me, "he's my father."

==================================

Unfortunately, for all you loyal readers, this is the last chapter.  I know it was left off at a total cliffhanger, but these were all the chapters my friend gave me. 

I already asked her about the rest, and she said that either she didn't make anymore (since she tends to not finish some of the things she starts, including books) or she has the chapters, but has to find the file she saved it to.

If she finds the lost chapters, then....a sequel, maybe?

If not, then thank you, so very much for taking the time to read this!! :)