Chapter 20

The next day
Noah's pov
I walk into studio A and start warming up when I see Abi behind me in the mirrors. Great. She walks over to me and I try to ignore her.
"Hey." She says.
"Hi." I say back.
"I just wanted to let you know that I'm not going to do anything to split you and Richelle up." She says.
"Cool." I say still trying to ignore her.
"Your choice." She says and turns around to walk away.
"Wait what?" I say.
She looks at me and then walks away. I hope she doesn't do anything to Richelle because if she does, she will pay for it.
Then the rest of A troupe walks in.
"Ok let's practise this routine from the top? Go!" Kate says and we start dancing.
It looks really good.
"Ok. We need to work on our second routine." Phoebe says.
She shows it to us and it was like an internationals routine.
"You have an hour to learn it." She says and her and Kate walk away.
We all start practising it but I can't remember any of it. I look around and try to copy some people but I can't get it. I scratch my head.
Then Abi comes up to me.
"Do you need any help?" She asks.
"Yeah actually." I say.
"Ok. I'll show you the routine." She says.
When she finishes we practise it together.
"Thanks." I say.
"Your welcome." She says and walks away.
Maybe she has changed.
Suddenly Phoebe and Kate walk in.
"Ok. Your time is up." Phoebe says.
"Let's see this then! Go!" Kate says.
We start dancing really well.
"Well done you guys!" Phoebe says.
"You can all take five and meet us back here." Kate says.
I walk into the music room and grab my guitar. I make sure that no one is there. I shut the door so that no one hears me.
I start singing quietly and play the guitar. I sing the songs that I sung to Richelle because they remind me of her. I wander what she's doing right now. When I finish I hear a clap from behind me. I feel my face turn red. I turn around and see James. I throw my guitar onto the ground.
"How did you get in here?" I ask.
"Through the door." James says back.
"Why did you come in here?" I ask.
"Because I heard someone singing well and I wanted to see who it was." He says.
"Well don't tell anyone." I say and walk out.
"Ok." James says behind me.
I walk back into studio A and Kate wants us to go through both the routines a few more times so we do.
"Ok regionals is in two weeks." Phoebe says.
"So tomorrow we are going to practise in the costumes." Kate says.
Everyone smiles. They love the costumes. I don't. I think that they look stupid and are uncomfortable. I put on a fake smile.
"You can all go home now." Phoebe says and they all leave.
I don't. Instead, I start dancing a solo and think about Richelle. I'm not going to regionals with her anymore. Instead I'm going with Abi. I don't want to go with Abi. I want to go with Richelle. Now James knows that I can sing, he will try and get me to be in his band. I don't want to do that either. I can't sing in front of other people except Richelle. She doesn't make me nervous, she doesn't make me turn red when she's watching and she respects that I don't like to perform in front of others.
I'm also not excited for the dress rehearsal tomorrow because I will probably hate the costumes. When I finish my solo, I walk out of studio A and go to Richelle's house. I don't want tomorrow to come.