Chapter Twelve

Daniella

The sun beats down on to my face and forces me awake. I open my eyes and take in my surroundings.

I am back at the house. I don't even remember leaving the safety of the giant tree last night. Though thinking about it now, taking shelter under a large tree in the middle of a lightning storm probably was not the best idea we could have thought of.

I lean on my elbow and try to remember more of last night.

I look down and see Michael underneath me, sleeping. He must have carried me home or something and just collapsed with fatigue on the couch with me on top of him. I don't remember walking home or getting in to a car.

I do not remember falling asleep either. The last thing I remember is the storm forcing us under a tree for cover. And then we talked. A lot. We probably talked for hours.

Michael and I had a very nice, long talk last night. The talk was person to person. It didn't feel forced or necessary for us to talk. It just felt, well, right. I really think things will be different with him today.

Michael shifts beneath me, opening his eyes, though I can tell he really doesn't want to be awake right now. I am sure he would rather sleep in all day. I can not blame him. I want the same thing right now.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." I lift myself up on to my hands to move my weight off of him.

Michael shakes his head. "I was getting up anyways." He smiles and waits for me to steady myself on the ground before throwing his legs over the side of the couch and yawning, stretching his arms out after sleeping cramped up on a couch all night.

I look down and see that I am covered in a giant, oversized, white fluffy robe, probably made for someone twice my height and triple my weight.

"Did you-" I motion towards the outfit change made while I was passed out.

Michael nods and smirks. "I really liked how you looked in that bikini but you were cold. So."

I smile at how he managed to do something nice for me but still worked in one of his snarky comments. "Um, Thanks." I sigh. That was a really nice thing he did.

I walk around the couch and drag myself up the stairs. I feel like I was hit by a bus. What time did I actually fall asleep last night?

I pull the robe off and toss it on to my bed. I pause for a moment, staring at myself in the mirror. My still wet bathing suit clings to my body.

I admire that Michael didn't let temptation get the best of him last night. All he did was put a robe over me. He didn't go through my clothes and try to redress me or anything. I really appreciate that.

I was right. Today is going to be a very different day than yesterday way. Today is going to be a lot better. And every day after that, he will continue on a better path. I know it. I can feel it in my heart.

I pull my bikini off and throw it in a pile in the corner. Putting my choice of undergarments on, I look in my closet for something to wear. I need something warm for today. I'm feeling like today is going to be a chill-on-the-couch-all-day-and-do-nothing sort of day.

I grab a tight, knit sweater out of my closet and throw it over my head. I accent my top with a pair of high waisted Kakhi shorts.

I grab my phone from the end of the bed and walk back downstairs

Three out of the four boys sit on the couch, messing around on their phones and laptops. I wonder what they are doing in there. I wonder if they are writing songs for another album or something.

It would be so cool to sit in on this process. I grew up listening to them and wishing I could just get a glimpse of them at the supermarket. And now I have the chance to sit down with them during a possible writing session?! Total win!

I mean, I live with them now so I guess this stuff will get to be more normal as time goes on but for right now, it is totally sick that I can hear the album before anyone else. That would be so cool.

An abrupt, yet gentle, tug on my arm spins me around into Michael's arms.

"Hey. So, was thinking, maybe we could maybe do something tonight." Michael smiles and pulls me into the hallway, shielded from the curious eyes of the others.

"Yeah?" I smile at how polite he is being. "And what were you thinking?" I glance up at the mischievous grin on his face. 

"I was thinking..." He looks up at the ceiling as if searching for an answer and walks me backwards until I am in the corner. "Maybe just you and me..." His voice trails off at the end of his sentences.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" I shift my weight onto my left foot and look up at him, wondering what kind of crazy thing he wants me to do for publicity.

"I don't know. Maybe a romantic dinner for two at a fancy and super expensive restaurant?" He throws his idea at me.

"Well a romantic dinner for three would be nightmarish!" I joke. "That is a great idea for the media to notice us. A prefect fake first date idea." I nod in awe of his brilliant idea.

A nice dinner at a restaurant will be great publicity and it will make him look like a real gentleman. That is just what he needs to boost him image.

"No. That's not what I meant." His smile fades into a serious stare. "I meant like a real date."

AN: What do you guys think?!