thirty three;

i want to do a QOTD in the beginning of each chapter if you're cool with it, you should totally answer it.

QOTD(s): how do you feel about arzaylea (in real life, not the book)? and how do you feel about the new rolling stones article?

CHAPTER 33:

"What don't you understand?" I groan as I fluff my pillow up and put it against the window.

"Why you're still riding with us in the van. Don't you have a boyfriend who has a luxurious bus?" Josh asks pulling the blanket we were sharing completely off.

I pull the blanket off of him and back onto me, "I don't know."

"He is your boyfriend right?" Josh snatches the blanket from me once again.

"He was -- he is now, I guess. I don't know," I sink further down into the van's grey seats. It's been three days since I've spoken to Luke at the show in Arizona. The boys have played in Houston, Texas since then and now we're heading to Dallas. After Luke and I decided to try again after the show, we really don't really know how to act around each other.

"Well, find out. I'm tired of you stealing my blanket," Josh smacks his lips and wraps himself up in his blanket. The car is silent -- apart from Tyler snoring in the seats ahead of us -- there wasn't a car radio, which was a bust. Josh broke the moment of silence, "I won't be mad if you leave me in the van and go and ride with the 5SOS guys."

"I know you won't. I just don't want to deal with any awkwardness between Luke and I."

"It's going to stay awkward if you don't try to fix it. You both need to do a lot of fixing, you just have to make the first move if he's being a little gi--," Josh quickly corrects himself, "A little baby about it. Our driver said we'll be pumping gas in a few miles. You can do the whole switch-a-roo then, yeah?"

We pass five exits and get off on the sixth one. The small van follows the big bus into a big-rig fueling station. I grab all my luggage from the back of the van and I check the time on my phone. I didn't realize how late it was until I read 1:45am on my phone screen. I watch as the boys and Josie exit the bus and breathe in the fresh air. I struggle to lug my belongings to them and by struggle I mean huffing and puffing. I don't understand why my things were so heavy.

Luke peeks over at me and realizes I need help. He walks over into my direction and grabs all my things, "Here. Let me get all of that, weakling."

"I am not weak, the wheels are just jammed," I huff.

"Whatever you say, smalls," Luke smiles at me and I try so hard not to smile too. I'm not trying hard enough because I return it. We both stand there smiling like maniacs. I can already feel the awkwardness. I shift slightly on my feet.

Luke asks, "Why are you taking all of your stuff out of the van? Did you and Josh have a fight?"

"He got mad because I keep stealing his blanket off of him," I didn't want to spare Luke the extraneous details of Josh wanting me to make a move in our rekindled relationship, "I was wondering if there's room for me? Like on the bus? Your bus?"

Luke eyes light up, "Yeah, of course there's room for you. We've got a lot of bunks holding our luggage, but we can clear one out for you."

"If there's really no room, I can still stay in the van," I reach for my luggages, but Luke pulls them away.

"We'll make room for you, Marnie," says Luke. I give him an appreciative half-smile. I follow him into the bus which the rest of the gang went into seconds earlier. Luke explains to everyone about my sleeping arrangement.