Chapter 50

Tobias POV

I am awaken by the sound of yelling. I bolt upright my hand going instinctively towards Tris, I feel her trembling hand under my own and I relax instantly. I release her hand and grab my weapon I see Tris doing the same. Good girl I think to myself. We walk to the door and I hide Tris behind it as I open the door to look into the hallway. I see a guard about to pass by and stop him, dragging him into the room and closing the door behind us.

"What is going on?" I question the guard.

"There was a break in in one of the guest rooms. There was no one in the room luckily, but it was completely ransacked."

"Which room was it?" please don't be Tris' room please.

"Princess Beatrice's formally of Abnegation." This guard must not know Tris is with me.

"What?" I turn towards Tris, as does the guard.

"Prin-princess? What are you doing in here? We have been looking everywhere for you."

"I stay with Prince Four, it makes me feel safer. Obviously, it is quiet necessary at the moment."

Tris doesn't sound scared or worried she sounds confident as she speaks. I love how strong and brave she is, even when finding out she would have been attacked again. I open the door and allow the guard to leave to relay that Tris is alright and safe.

Once I close the door, Tris runs into my open waiting arms and I embrace her in a tight hug. I look out the window and see the sun starting to rise slowly over the horizon. I lift her easily and carry her to the bed. I gently lay her down and place both of our weapons on the nightstand on my side of the bed, then I rejoin our bodies, I wrap my arms around her like a protective cage and kiss her gently at the base of her neck.

"Try to get some more sleep Tris. I'll fight off the monsters for you."

I see Tris smile and I wonder if she is remembering the first time I told her that. It makes a smile cross my lips.

"I love you Tobias."

"I love you too Tris, I love you so much." I snuggle my face into her hair and take a deep breathe. I love the scent of her, it is fresh and reminds me of the wind after a rainstorm. I close my eyes and fall into a dreamless sleep.

Tris POV

After our rather early morning, Tobias and I force ourselves out of bed and begrudgingly get ready for the day. At least after Albert's wedding we can leave. We meet everyone in the ballroom after having a small breakfast of fruit, since the wedding is in the early afternoon so everyone can get back to their respected kingdoms.

As I sit next to Zeke and Tobias, I start to get a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Someone would have known that that was my room, but once they saw I wasn't in it, they would have thought I was with someone else, the guard was surprised I was with Tobias. We aren't married yet so where would they think I would have gone?

"Has anyone seen Christina or Will?"

Tobias and Zeke turn to look at me with raised eyebrows.

"If someone was looking for me they would have thought I would be with a friend, but the only friend they would know the location of the room too is Christina so where is she?"

Tobias stands and looks around the ballroom, sure enough neither the queen nor king of Erudite was in the ballroom. Tobias looks at me, kisses my check and runs out of the ballroom looking for a guard. I am left there sitting next to Zeke, worried about my friend and my love.

Tobias POV

I run out of the ballroom, weapon securely in it holster. I find a guard as soon as I turn the corner.

"Guard!" He stops and turns bowing his head to me. "Where is the sleeping quarters for Queen Christina and King Will? This is very important, we fear that something bad has happened to them."

The guard's eyes widen slightly "I will lead the way sir" And with those words spoken we run to where their room is.

The guard knocks on the door before taking the knob in his hand turning it slightly, pushing me back behind him as he enters the minutely light room. Once in the guard motions me to enter, I take my gun in hand and enter slowly. After everything that has been happening lately you would think nothing would surprise me, well I would be wrong. This, this was definitely a surprise. I feel my eyes widen and a blush creep onto my face. Wait till I tell Tris and Zeke about this, is all I can think about. I quickly holster my gun, I won't be needing it in here.

When I get back to Tris in the ballroom, I lean in between her and Zeke so that they will be the only ones to hear me speak. "Guys, first they are alright. Second you will not believe what happened. I will tell you when we get back to Dauntless, Zeke meet us in our room after you get Shauna taken care of alright?"

Zeke nods his head as we hear the doors open and Will and Christina enter and sit behind us. The both of them keeping eye contact off of me, looking ahead waiting for the wedding to start. I smirk and turn to look at the front.

Tris POV

The wedding went off with nothing really happening so I guess that makes it good. Lauren Tobias' and Zeke's other cousin has now become queen of Candor. The reception was a simple lunch and cake with minimal dancing. Peter kept away from us so that was a plus.

We all piled into the carriage as soon as we could, getting away from Candor as fast as possible. As soon as the carriage started to move we all looked at each other and started laughing. We get back to Dauntless and we all bring our bags back to our room and change into more comfortable clothes. Tobias and I walk to the dining hall grabbing some food for us as well as Zeke and Shauna. We make our way up Shauna's room and knock on the door.

"Come in."

We enter and Tobias brings the chair over to the side of the bed like before and helps me sit down while balancing plates of food in his other hand. Sometimes I think he does way too much for me, but then I realize that he does it because he wants to make me happy. He wants his family happy and because he never got to have it when he was growing up, he was going to make sure to have it now. I smile up at him and he smiles back down at me, with nothing but love in his eyes.

We sit and eat and talk about nothing at all, laughing and chewing. When we finish Tobias, Zeke and I excuse ourselves. Zeke kisses Shauna goodnight than leaves with us walking to Tobias' and mine room.

Once the door is closed Zeke and I stare at Tobias.

"So what happened?" Zeke finally asked.

I was thankful because I wasn't going to ask it, but I also don't think Tobias would have started this conversation.

Tobias POV

I sit down on the foot of the bed, Tris next to me and Zeke sitting on the desk chair. I take a deep breath and clear my throat.

"Stop stalling."

I look over at Tris, and raise an eyebrow. She just shrugs. I guess she really wants to know.

"So after I left you guys in the ballroom I ran into the hall and found a guard that escorted me to Christina and Will's room, He knocked and then opened the door with me trailing behind him, his request. Once inside I couldn't believe what I saw. I tried really hard not to laugh but it is possible that a few chuckles escaped."

"What did you see Four?" Zeke interrupts me.

"Well they were on the bed in a rather compromising position luckily they had a blanket on their lower half and Christina was under will so we couldn't really see anything. Long story short they decided to try something 'exciting' as Christina put it and took a set of cuffs from a couple of guards. Well they lost the key or placed it too far from them or they never had it, they weren't really sure. They were cuffed to the head board Christina by both her hands and Will by one of them. We had to break the headboard to get them out. The worst part well the worse part for them was that they weren't even able to finish, because Will had cuffed himself to high and couldn't-couldn't 'reach' her."

I start laughing again. I hear Zeke also laughing, Tris well she just looks mortified.