Delia barely dodges and then using all of her might the scribe swings the axe, taking off his head in an instant. However, the force of the swing nearly knocks her down. The uneven rocks underfoot do nothing to help, but thankfully she stays upright.

Delia breathes heavily, keeping her eyes away from the severed head feet away from her. She knows that if she looks, the reality of killing someone will come crashing down on her. She wipes her mind clear of the guilt and horror, instead focusing on the two Shadowlanders.

They both watch her carefully, Delia knows that they won't make the same mistake the other one did.

One of the Shadowlander's tighten his grip on his broadsword, that's the only indication she has and then they're on her, moving quickly and dangerously. Delia hastily swings the axe, it would of hit the Shadowlander with the broadsword, if he hadn't moved. Sluggishly, Delia swings again, only for the axe to be deflected by the other Shadowlander's mace.

The sound of metal on metal so close to her ears makes her want to cover them, but she doesn't dare let go of her weapon.

Hefting up the axe she wields the heavy weapon once more, by this time Delia's arms have begun to ache and so the swing isn't as forceful as the others.  The Shadowlander with the broadsword catches the axe head with his sword and twists, The weapon falls to the ground and is then kicked away.

Panic befalls the writer, her grey eyes tear through the crowd, looking for a familiar face to come to her aid.  There isn't any, everyone is caught up in their own battles.  Now she has to face hers.

Defiantly, her eyes meet the dark eyes of the Shadowlander with the broadsword.  He doesn't speak or try to humiliate her, but one side of his lips quirks slightly in a smirk.

The mace suddenly comes at her, Delia moves to the side. She can feel the weapon nearly graze her shoulder.  Despite the defiance she felt seconds before, fear pours into her and her old instincts come in.  The ones she's suppressed sometime now.  The urge to flee.

However, before she can dash away.  Iglesias rams into the Shadowlander with the mace and Kagon the other.  Then, in almost collaborated movements the duo kill the two Shadowlanders within seconds.

After the initial surprise of her savior comes shame.  The scribe's cheeks heat up and turn red in embarrassment.  Not only did she need to be saved, but she was about to run away.

Maybe...maybe I haven't changed so much after all.  Underneath I'm still that scared little girl terrified of her father's rage.

"Delia, are you alright!" Iglesias asks, gazing at her with concerned eyes.

"I-I'm fine." She says, feeling anything but.

"This is why women should stay at home."  Kagon mutters.  "You're lucky we came in time, lass or you'd end up like him." Kagon says, pointing to the severed head of Delia's first attacker.

Seeing the head Delia wants to throw up, she quickly looks away.

"Wait."  Kagon says, seeing the bloody axe and the head.  Kagon's blue eyes delve into the expression on Delia's face.  The girl looks down guiltily,  looking sick.  "Did you do that?"

Delia nods once, but it's enough for Kagon. His whole face lights up and he claps Delia on the back. "Maybe I judged too quickly! Good job, writer Delia!"

Good job! Is killing someone a "good job!"

Iglesias, however looks at the girl with sympathy. Delia meets his eyes and he smiles sadly. For some reason this just makes her feel even more guilty.

Delia moves away from Kagon. "Thank you both for the help." She pulls on a faux smile.

"Anytime!  Didn't I say I'd protect you!"  Kagon laughs.

"Wait a moment." Iglesias says, Delia can see a dawning of realization spread across his features.  "You know each other?"

Delia bobs her head.  "Yes, this is the man I told you I was traveling with.  His name is Kagon of Pik."

"Oh, that makes sense." Iglesias says, understanding.

"Yes, now that's enough talking! We have a battle to fight!"

Both Delia and Iglesias nod, but when they turn to fight they see the battle has already been won.

By them.