Chapter 8

This is one of the most awkward moments of my life! Dave is on the phone with my mom, Declan is on the verge of crying, and I am sitting on a couch, hoping that Ben is alright. I keep thinking about how much I like Declan, but I was really devastated when Ben said he liked Anna. I think Declan might ask me out, I mean, he stuttered too!
"Hey Marie, we need to talk," says Declan. Here it comes, he's going to ask me out! "Can we pretend that whole hug thing never happened? I was really emotional and I probably would have never done that if I were not crying!" He says.
"Oh yeah! Totally! It never happened!" I say.
"Great," he says "and one more thing, what do you know about your friend Diane?" Oh my fudge balls.
"Um, hahaha, what do you mean?"
"You know, does she like chocolate or flowers, I was kind of considering asking her out, if that's cool with you?"
"Yes it's perfectly cool with me!"
IT'S NOT PERFECTLY COOL WITH ME! First Ben likes Anna and now Declan likes Diane?!
"Oh but just so you know she is moving, but still in the school district." I say.
"Right! Thanks so much Marie! Your the best! I'm going to text her right now!" Did I just get my friend a boyfriend with the guy I just started liking?! This is bad! I've got to text her before he does!
Marie- Declan is about to ask you out?!?!?! Say no for me please! I kind of like him!
Diane- He already asked me out!!!
Marie- WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!?!?!?!
Diane- yes
Marie- When did you start liking him?!
Diane- well, he is really nice, cute, and athletic. I had to say yes if I liked him or not. I'm so sorry! I thought you liked Ben!
Marie- it turns out, he likes Anna
Diane- not surprised, all the guys have at least some feelings for her!
Marie- well, I hope you too are happy together
Diane- do you want me to break up with him?
Marie- no no never! If you like him stay together!
Diane- thanks your the best!😘😘😘
Marie- bye😘
I guess now I don't really like anyone. I look over at Declan and he smiles at me
"Thanks so much for giving me the encouragement I needed to ask out Diane!" He says.
"No problem!" I say. Just then a boy around our age walks up to us.
"Hi, my name is Conor. My dad is a nurse here." He says. "My dad wanted you to know that Ben will be absolutely fine. He just got a minor concussion. We ran a few tests on him and he seems to remember everything!"
"That's great! I'll call his mother now!" Says Dave.
"Can we visit him?" Asks Declan.
"Yes, come with me." Answers Conor. Declan and I both follow Conor in the room. Ben is sitting up right in his bed staring out the window.
"Ben!" Yells Declan.
"Declan!" Yells Ben. They hug each other and then Declan turns to us.
"Can we talk in private please?" He asks.
"Sure." I say while Conor says "Absolutely!" We walk out of the room and stand next to each other awkwardly.
"So, do you live here in Bridgeport?" I ask.
"No," he says, "I live in Fairfield, but this is where my dad works. I help him on the weekends because I want to be a surgeon when I'm older."
"That's cool." I say. I glance at his face. He has very light brown hair, olive skin, and a strong jaw, although he has beautiful hazel eyes that light up with browns, greens, and oranges.
"What, do I have an eyelash?" He asks. I'm staring at his eyes, shoot! Curse my sense of staring at gorgeous boys!
"No you just have, well, really handsome eyes," I say. "Woah," I say again. Did that just slip out?!
"Oh," he says as he blushes and laughs to himself, "Thanks, you do too! I mean not handsome. That's an adjective for boys of course. You have really beautiful eyes. Like a melty chocolate brown." He says as he smiles proudly of what he said.
"Thanks!" I say. I notice a baseball hat on his head. "You play baseball?" I ask.
"Yeah, travel in Fairfield." He says.
"Really? In Bridgeport I'm on a travel softball team!"
"You must be pretty good."
"Eh,"
"Do you want to maybe hang out sometime?" He asks blushing with his head down.
"Yeah, totally!" I answer. He looks relieved.
"Great!" We exchange phone numbers and Declan comes out with Ben.
"Hey," Declan says. "Ready to leave?"
"Yeah, let's go!" I say. "Bye Conor!"
"Bye Marie, I'll text you later!" He answers. Dave, Declan, Ben, and I all walk out of the room and into the elevator. Once the doors close Declan starts teasing, "Ooooooh! Someone has a crush" Ben adds on. "Marie and Conor sitting in a tree!" Now Declan joins in, "K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" They start cracking up. Dave starts to chuckle. I blush and turn as red as a tomato. Maybe bad things happen for good reasons...

Hey! This is so far my favorite chapter! Sorry it is so long. I had so much to say! Please comment on what you think! Love you all
- ktsiclari💕