Chapter 2

"Striiiiiiiiike three! Your out!" Yelled the ump.
"Good pitches!" I yelled "Let's go Hawks! Wooooo!" Today is the jamboree for all major teams in Bridgeport! My mom's boyfriend is the Hawk's team coach so I know most of the guys on the team. They're all pretty nice to me except for Brian. He was the one who made fun of me when I had dirt on my shirt.
"Two outs!" Yelled Ben. He is their pitcher, but since they have three pitchers on their team, they have to alternate. I've always had a crush on Ben. I've watched him play since my mom and his coach got together.
"Let's go Hawks! One more out until you win! You got this!" I cheer. Ben pitches the ball and the batter hits it.
"It's a pop fly!" Yells someone in the bleachers.
"I got it! I got it!" Says the 2nd baseman. He catches the ball and the crowd goes crazy.
"Yes! We won! We won the jamboree!" Shouts Dave(the coach). All of the boys run together laughing and cheering. I high five them as they come in the dugout. My hand tingles when it touches Ben's.
"Great game guys! You did awesome! Now how about we get something to eat! My treat!" Exclaims my mom. All the boys cheer and shout. "So, where do you want to go?"
"Let's go to Wendy's!" Shouts Brian. "They have the best shakes!"
"Alright! Let's go to Wendy's!" My mom exclaims. This is when I realize I'm going to be eating in a fast food place with my mom, her boyfriend, and a bunch of cute 8th grade baseball players. Is this good or bad? When we walk into Wendy's, it is packed. Who knew that everyone goes to Wendy's for lunch. We have to put three large tables together to make everyone fit. When the waitress takes orders for drinks, all of the boys get chocolate shakes. I on the other hand, get strawberry. After we get our drinks, no one talked. We all just sat quietly. It was really awkward.
"While we have this time, I am going to give out the game ball!" Says coach excitedly. I wonder who will get it! "And it goes to Marie! For cheering the most out of everyone!" They all clap and some hoot and holler. Me? He can't mean me!
"But I'm not even on the team!" I say.
"It doesn't matter! You support us when we win and when we lose! We're proud to give you the game ball!" More hoots and hollers come from that. "Well, thanks a lot coach! You guys played an awesome game!" I exclaim. Now, what do I do with this ball? I think I'll just put it on my dresser. After we order our food, the waitress asks us if we won our game.
"Ya we did!" Shouts Brian. He's so loud and obnoxious! When our food gets here, everyone stuffs themselves. It's 3:30 and I all I had for breakfast was a muffin. I'm the first one to finish my food.
"Wow you ate that fast!" Says my mom.
"Well I was hungry." I reply.
"Me too!" Agrees Jack. He's done with his lunch too. I laugh. When everyone's done, we pay the bill and leave. I'm happy that didn't go wrong! Tomorrow is the championship game! If we win, we go to the state championship!!!

Thanks for reading chapter two! I will try and update as soon as possible!
-ktsiclari😘