Chapter Twelve: Friend

• Dedicated to Mae Pastor Palenzuela

Chapter Twelve: Friend

Back to first year high school…

Back then, for me my grades and school performances are the only things that build up my world.

Anything else beside that, I had no interest.

“Can we be friends?” that’s the usual line I always hear from my classmates.

Alam kong hindi sila sincere and all they truly want is to stick with my knowledge.

“wow top rank na naman si Irene. Mas maganda kung kakaibiganin natin siya. Pag naging kaibigan natin siya sigurado…”

All they think about is how to improve their selves with the help of ‘ME’.

“Ms. Gil, bakit wala ka pang partner?”

“kaya ko na po mag-isa ma’am.”

class murmurs…

“grabe talaga siya”

“oo nga kaya niyang gawin ito mag-isa. Ang hirap kaya.”

I don’t need anybodies help. With me, myself I can do anything.

“Anong pinag-aaralan mo?”

=____=

“Atomic Physics. Wow paano mo naintindihan yan?”

They always try to talk to me but I’m leaving them behind.

“teka saan ka pupunta?”

All I need is PEACE for me. Kaya ang tanung lagi ng iba, ‘bakit kailangan mo pang pumasok sa school? Mukhang alam mo naman na lahat.”

That sort of question started me to be eager of seeking something that could answer it.

And that time someone came…

“Umm…UH! MS. IRENE GIL.” It was raining hard when she ran after me.

She’s obviously nervous from what she is trying to say…

“pe—pe—pwe-pwe”

Because of that I keep on walking.

“Ms. Irene Gil! Pwede mo ba akong turuan mag-aral?”

Tumingin ako ulit sa kanya. Tumayo naman siya at lumapit sa akin.

“PLEASE!”  She’s not carrying umbrella and look so soak in front of me.

“NO.” period

That girl is hopeless.

After that day… the Sun brightens up.

In the middle of the class

Pagdating ko sa klase nagdidiscuss na si Sir Philip

 “In 1897, J.J Thompson discovered the existence of the electron, marking the beginning of modern atomic physics. The mass of an electron is 9.1 x 10 raise to negative 31 kilograms.”

 Dumiretso ako sa upuan ko at nagsimulang matulog.

“One of the two types of particles found in the nucleus is the proton. The existence of a positively charged particle, a proton, in the nucleus was proved by Sir Ernest Rutherford in 1919. A proton has a mass of 1.67 x 10 raise to negative 27 kilograms.”

Blah..blah…blah… The proton's charge is equal but opposite to the negative charge of the electron yeah I’ve learned of that already.

I almost know the entire lesson. Reading it once is enough for me to understand that all. Listening to him is useless.