5

I'm having such a good time. A surreal, odd, nerve-wracking time.  This hotel is amazing. It's getting busier in the bar. It's almost midnight, and I should be going to bed - we have an early start tomorrow. You know, to go to the little thing we flew thousands of miles to go to. But right now, I don't care about MineCon. I don't want this to end.  

The guys (Jerome, Preston and one other guy I forgot the name of) are playing pool with Jenna. I opted out, because I suck at it, and Mitch offered to keep me company.  

We are now sitting at the bar, sipping our second not-so-mocktail. Turns out the bar staff here are pretty laid back. There may have been a little fluttering of the eyelashes, but hey, the bartender was cute and now we have mojitos.  

"You trying to get me drunk?" Mitch asked, after finishing his drink.  

I laughed. "Of course not. Big day tomorrow - wouldn't want to ruin that for you." 

"Haha. You aren't ruining it. Honestly, I've had an awesome time tonight."  

"Had?" I pull a sad face, pushing out my bottom lip and giving him puppy dog eyes. "Is it over?" 

He looks down at his drink and stirs the ice, before looking back at me. Every time he looks at me directly like that, the butterflies in my stomach go a little crazy.  

"I meant so far. I've had a great time, so far."   

"Oh... Me too. You and your friends are nice." 

Nice? Bunnies are nice. Flowers are nice. Good word choice, Sarah.  

A few seconds go by. The bartender collects our drinks and winks at me.  

"Not gonna get his number?" 

"What? No! I mean.. I'm not like that." 

"You don't date?" 

"I don't pick up guys in bars." 

"Damn." He smiles at me. Dang, that smile.  

Wait, damn? What does he mean? Was that a joke? I can't exactly ask him, can I?  

Maybe after another mojito...  Mitch interrupts my thoughts.  

"You know, I recognised you too." 

What? No, he can't have. I know he liked one of our videos a while ago, and it did have facecam, but surely he doesn't remember that?  

"You.. You remember that?"  

"Sure. You got like three of the shirts. And you're a pretty memorable girl." 

Oh. Right. Of course he doesn't remember the video. He remembers you because you tweeted him a picture of yourself three times.  

Is this a good or bad thing? I feel embarrassed. I know my cheeks are going red.  

"Are you okay?" 

Shoot. Forgot to reply. Should have thanked him for the compliment.  

"Thanks! I mean, yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for remembering me." 

Wow. I am smooth.   I can tell he is finding this funny. 

"Bar guy!" I grab the man's attention. He looks at me funny. I think I may be tipsy.  

"Um. Another mojito, please."  He nods.  

"Make that two." Mitch adds.  

---- 

"Moeeee-HEEE-toe."

I love saying that. Mojito is really a good word. One of my top 5 favourite words, for sure. Along with "serendipity". It's just so fun to say. 

"What?" Mitch laughs.  

"Oops." Did I say that out loud?  

"Seren- what?" 

"Indubitably!" Another of my favourite words.  

"Yes, Sarah. Indubitably."  I giggle and pat him on the shoulders. He has nice shoulders. I give them a few extra pats.  

"You know Mitch, you're really good. At everything. Like minecraft. And twinkling. I mean, your eyes are twinkly. In a good way!"

What AM I talking about?  He laughs. Told you I'm fun when I'm relaxed.  

"Yeah. Eyes that twinkle in a bad way are the worst." 

I stand up. A good song came on, and apparently I want to dance.  

"I want to dance." 

"Feel free." 

I walk a few feet away to the sort-of dance floor (a few others are on their feet, including Jenna and Preston), and start giving it my best. Which isn't very good, to be honest, but it's fun.   Mitch gets off the bar stool, but instead of heading over to me he makes for the sofa his friends are sitting on. I frown.  

Before I know it, I've reached Mitch and spun him around to face me.  

"Yeah, I'm really not a dancer." He explains.  

"Neither am I." 

"I can see that." He retorts.

Cheeky.  

"Hmmf! At least I try..." I reply, and make to storm back to the dancing area. Only, this requires turning around, and I'm not feeling so steady at the moment. The room spins around me and I stagger. Why is everything so fuzzy? Exactly how many cocktails did I have?  

"Five, she had five." I hear Mitch say. 

Suddenly I'm on the sofa with Mitch and Jerome standing over me. There's water in front of me and I decide to drink it.  

"Lightweight." That was Jerome, I think. I'm not entirely sure. 

"Hey, I am not drunk... I'm just fuzzy. It's jet lag." Something occurs to me. "Where is Jenna?" 

"They went to get pizza." 

"They?" 

"Preston. Look, Mitch, this has been fun but I need my sleep. A bacca's gotta rest. You okay taking care of her?" Jerome looks real tired.  

"Sure, no problem." 

"Night, biggums." 

I don't see the other guy around, so I guess it's just the two of us. Me, alone with Mitch at...

Shoot, it's 3am. 

AN: This is quite close to what I'm like when I'm drunk, haha. Will update tomorrow if any if you guys liked this :) Oh, and in case you're wondering, Sarah is the girl on the right in the photo, and Jenna on the left. Not that it really matters haha.