4

"H-hi." I smile and give an awkward wave.

He laughs and swoops up his skateboard as he stands up. He's still a few feet away - do I walk over to him or wait for him to walk over here? God, why am I so awkward?

It doesn't matter though, as Jenna marches right over to the group. Struts, even.

I realise that I've been looking at the floor so I glance up. Mitch is looking at me, a quizzical look on his face. Understandable. After my tweets he was probably expecting someone more excitable. Like Jenna. She's all smiles and confidence as she introduces herself, and she beckons me over.

"Sarah! Get over here!" She exclaims. She gives me a look which I read as "THIS WAS YOUR IDEA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

She has a point.

"Right! Of course." I mumble. How I have any friends, I do not know.

As I walk over, Mitch looks at me, his eyebrows raised. I think I see a little smirk, too. He must be finding this funny. Finding me funny.

The thing is, although I am shy, I'm actually a fun person when I'm more comfortable. I hope he gets to see that.

"It's good to meet you guys, always fun seeing subs IRL." He actually said "IRL", which made me kind of chuckle.

"Yeah, it was so weird seeing you in the lobby earlier." I reply.

"Were you spying on us?"

"What? No! I just spotted you in the distance... And I.."

"Sarah, relax. I'm kidding."

He said my name. He knows my name. Eek.

I haven't really been paying attention to anyone else around us, but Jenna seems to be getting on well with the guys. She's funny and easy to talk to, so I expected that.

"So what is with this 'bacca' thing I keep seeing in the chat everywhere?" I hear her ask.

She doesn't really watch gaming channels (even though we have our own). She just likes playing hunger games and infected, really. I tried to introduce her to battle royale and battledome, but she literally doesn't know how to craft anything.

"What do you mean what's it about? Don't you know I'm a man of the bac?" Jerome jokes.

I cringe a little - the whole bacca thing I feel has gone a tad too far. But that's just my opinion, I'll keep it to myself.

Shoot. Looking at the floor again. Must stop doing that. Maybe I'll get a neck brace. Could put a scarf around it.

I'm so weird. And now I'm holding in a giggle imagining myself with a pimped out neck brace.

Luckily, everyone is laughing at something someone else said, so it goes unnoticed.

By everyone accept Mitch, who is raising one eyebrow at me.

---

After a few more slightly awkward minutes of pleasantries and channel talk (where they all liked one of our videos, right there and then) we decide to go to the bar/cafe area to hang out for a bit.

There are three sofas in a U shape with a table in the middle, and we sit there. I end up next to who I now know is Preston. I've seen lots of videos of Bajan's with him in, and he seems hilarious, but haven't seen his solo stuff. He's really nice and friendly though, I'm happy to be next to him.

Mitch is on the opposite sofa to me. I'm kind of glad. I don't think I could sit so close to him without making it obvious that I fancy him.

"Man, I wish I had an English accent! Yours is awesome." Preston says. He's so animated when he speaks. It's adorable.

"Naw, I like yours. It's fun."

"Fun's great and all but what about when I have to talk serious for a second? Imagine me giving some political talk about monkeys or something. Wouldn't work!"

"Monkeys?" Mitch cackles. "Why would there be a political speech about monkeys?"

"I don't know! Environment man. Leave me alone.. I'm gonna get us drinks. What do you guys want?" He glances at me before Mitch, I notice.

"Uhm.. What are you having?"

"A mocktail. With umbrellas." Mitch says in a serious voice.

Preston gives him a look.

"Ahh, me too. Sounds perfect." I add.

Everyone else wants one too. They're joking around, but a mock cosmo sounds perfect to me. Maybe my brain will get confused and it will get me drunk anyway. Like the placebo effect. I just have to BELIEVE. Gosh, now I'm sounding like an alcoholic.

Preston rolls his eyes and as he sulks off we start laughing.

"Make sure you ask for umbrellas!" Mitch shouts.

"Sparklers would be fine, too!"

Mitch looks at me. That's probably the most words he's heard me say in one go. He was probably wondering if I could actually string a sentence together.

I look right back at him. I feel like some kind if energy is pulling my gaze to meet his. Imagine if he felt the same way?

We both smile genuine smiles, and I momentarily believe that he might.