Miden (Catharsis 2 audition entry)

This is my audition entry for Catharsis 2. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pass the auditions, so... yeah! Just posting the entry here.

***

Snow surrounded me and my other three companions. The place didn't look familiar-an open field, no trees, no body of water- just land covered in snow. This place was not Inner City, not even close to the other four cities surrounding it. Where am I? My best friend Sifr made a soundless command for the attack and I saw him lead the way to the field.

Following him were the other two people beside me, whose faces I didn't recognize. The male jogged after him and the red-headed female positioned her arrow and aimed towards the direction of the advancing enemy. I shifted from my position to get a better look at the direction Sifr and the rest went. I bit back a gasp at the charging numbers. My eyes grew wide as I saw an army charging our way. An ambush!

I have to help them. I reached for my daggers but they're not on my belt. Panic rose up my throat. Someone grabbed my arm and when I turned, I saw Zero- the true heir that we're tasked to bring to Inner City to stop this war of cities. Before I could ask what he was doing there, he handed me a set of silver daggers. "Miden!" I heard Sifr call me out. I turned and was about to help when I saw the most shocking scene in my life.

A man threw an axe and the male blond dodged it. The axe was like a boomerang-it flew back and hit the blond on his back. He fell down and the man who threw it came closer to pick up the weapon from the bloody body of the boy beside me earlier. I covered my mouth, afraid that I might start to cry. The red-head on my right fell down with a couple of arrows on her heart. No. Why is this happening?

I ran forward and started throwing daggers as anger filled my heart. One by one the enemies fell. I scanned the area and spotted Sifr kneeling on the ground with his legs bleeding excessively. I ran towards him and offered help.

"No, Miden! Protect Zero!" Before I could rebut, I saw a blade pierced through his chest. Blood gashed out of his mouth and he fell face down. I was so shocked, I couldn't move from my position. Live. I have to survive this for the sake of... Zero! I looked for him but I wasn't successful. I saw a man advancing towards me. I tried to run but cold chains wrapped around my neck. I couldn't breathe. I tried my best to loosen the chains but I felt so powerless.

"Please, don't hurt her!" I saw Zero being dragged by a woman. Her face was blurry, maybe because tears already filled my eyes.

"Zero!" I tried to break free but the chains twisted more and then I blacked out.

I woke up to the sound of my own screams and cursed, "Bloody nightmare."

---End