Lucy [Final Round: Collaboration]

A/N: I was so blessed to be part of Incognito's Final Four! This round was really a challenge since we needed to collaborate woth our coaches. My coach wanted something uncommon, so I suggested this plot, and eventually, we were able to create this story. Love. Greed. Accomplice. Secrets. Truth.

I placed fourth on the said writing competition and I'm really thankful to everyone who helped and supported me. #GoMystery

PS. Thanks to Coach H for the awesome cover!

******************* 

Albert stared at Fatima from the glass window with pain. He finally opened the door.

"Doc, kamusta na siya?" he asked worriedly.

"We're still in the 24-48 hour window, Albert. Itong panahong ito ang pinaka-kritikal sa pasyente. On the first 24 hours, her vitals were stable. That's a good sign, pero ayokong pangunahan ka. We still have 24 hours to go and the rest is up to her." The doctor excused herself and left the ICU. Albert held Fatima's hand and gave it a light kiss.

"Fatima, gumising ka na, baby. I know you're tired and you want to rest from all the responsibilities that has been put on you, but please, don't give up. I need you. I need you here with me. Please, wake up." 

Naaksidente si Fatima sa labas ng kanyang condominium unit. Ayon sa imbestigasyon ng mga pulis, nadulas siya at nahulog sa hagdan kaya nauntog ang ulo niya sa pader. Nag-aayos kasi siya ng mga gamit niya dito na ililipat niya sa bagong bahay nila ng asawang si Albert. They just got married two months ago and her father gave them a new house as their wedding present. 

Fatima lived in her condo unit after she graduated college since her job was near the place. Tutol dito ang kanyang Papa dahil gusto nitong siya na ang magpatakbo ng business nila. Mayroon silang hacienda at malaking lupain na pinagtataniman ng palay, mais at iba't ibang prutas na ibinebenta nila. That was not the career that she's seeing herself doing for the next years of her life, kaya nagpasya siyang lumuwas sa siyudad at doon magtrabaho.

Dadalhin na sana niya ang ilang mga gamit niya sa bago nilang bahay noong araw na iyon nang maaksidente siya. Isang kapitbahay ang nakapansin sa kanya at ito na ang nagdala sa kanya sa ospital. It was Albert whom the hospital contacted since he's the husband and there's no one else to contact. Her father died in a car accident a month ago.

"I am so sorry about your loss, Fatima." Their family attorney, Atty. Daniel Go, met with Albert and Fatima one week after her father was buried. 

"Thank you, Attorney. Ano po ba ang pag-uusapan natin?"

"You dad, William, made his last will and testament a year ago at hindi na niya ito binago kahit kailan. Ang sabi niya sa akin, ibigay ko daw ito sa iyo makalipas ang isang linggo kung sakaling mawala na siya dito sa mundo." The Attorney opened his briefcase and pulled out an envelope and gave it to Fatima.

"I... I can't have this, Attorney." She was on the verge of crying as she remembered her father. Albert held her hand and gave it an assuring squeeze.

"I understand, Fatima. Just let me know when you're ready. Everything is on you now." The attorney stood up and shook hands with Albert before leaving the mansion.

It's not easy to be the only child. You have responsibilities not only for yourself, but for the entire family. In Fatima's case, her father's the only family she had since her mother died a few years ago in a terminal ailment. Ngayon na wala na rin ang kanyang Papa, si Albert na lang ang natitira niyang pamilya.