Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

The raven haired man looked at the wires trying to think back at the times when he practised this. He took out his pocket knife and went to cut the blue wire but retracted his hand. Wait no, it's the green wire and went to cut that one but retracted his hand again.

He quietly groaned twirling the knife in his hands. The man needed to figure out what wire it was and fast.

Digging and digging into his thoughts Zayn couldn't just get the answer to his problem. So he went for it and cut the blue wire causing sparks to fly out. Zayn panicked and cut the green wire by retracting his hand.

That's when he heard gears turning and creaking, causing the door to slowly open like in the horror movies. He sighed in relief seeing the door open, but he also noticed he accidentally cut his hand and a few droplets of blood were on the floor.

He didn't think much of it as he entered the resources room, seeing a mash up of every resource. They never kept their store room tidy. 

It was messier than usual though, some shelves had been knocked over and bags of food were ripped open. Some weapons were missing, but nothing too major.

Zayn made his way in the room, stepping over cans and broken glass. The room was long and had a lot of space. He bets Mr Hemming's would love to have a room like this to keep all his stuff in. As they only had a really small room, but it fitted them as they were quite a small gang.

As he neared the end of the room, out of the corner of his eye he could see some crates pushed together awkwardly. Not to mentioned that some of them shook.

His curiosity getting the better of him, Zayn walked towards the crates eyeing them. The crates shook like they were in anger and you could hear muffling coming from inside them. 

Zayn grabbed a crowbar that was conveniently right beside the crates and used it to open one of the crates. He used his upper body strength to bring up the lid of the crate revealing a tied up Mr Hemming's.

Mr Hemming's was gagged with a rag and his hands and feet were tied with rope. His struggling causing the rope to rub against his skin, making the pale skin a replica of Michael's hair.

The man quickly went into action as he lifted his best friend out the crate and placed him carefully on the floor. He took out his pocket knife and carefully cut his restraints off. Mr Hemming's took out the rag out his mouth himself breathing rapidly, his chest falling up and down at a rapid pace.

"T-The other crate." He said trying to slow his breathing.

Zayn quickly went to the another crate that was shaking violently and did the same as he did to Mr Hemming's crate. He lifted the lid and saw a sight he never expected to see. 

A naked Calum with bruises and cuts all over his body.

The small boy was violently sobbing, his was curled up in the fetal position and his legs and hands were also tied together like Mr Hemming's.

Zayn carefully lifted Calum up, making sure not to touch anywhere weird and making sure not to hurt him.

The other man gasped at the sight scrambling up to his feet and stared down at the small boy.

"I didn't think it was this bad." Mr Hemming's said putting a hand over his mouth in shock.

"I thought you thought he wasn't worth it." Zayn scoffed carefully cutting Calum's restraints.

"He may be David's son, but he doesn't deserve any of this." The blonde man said slumping and for the first time in forever, Zayn saw his best friend vulnerable. [Pls don't] 

Once Calum's restraints were off he curled himself into a tight ball crying.

Both men didn't know what to do, they had never been in a situation where a naked boy was crying.

"We should find him some clothes." Mr Hemming's said starting to look around the room for the clothing area.

After searching for awhile, they had found some grey sweatpants and a brown sweater for Calum to wear. It didn't look nice, but at least it covered the boy up.

Calum dressed himself, wincing as the material came into contact with his bruised skin. His body was still stiff from being stuffed into that crate. 

They sat down waiting for Calum to calm down. Once his cries turned into little sniffles Zayn decided to break the silence with a question.

"What happened Cal?" He asked carefully putting his hand on the boy's shoulder, only to take it away when Calum flinched.

"I-I h-he." Calum stuttered trying to find the words.

"It's okay, take your time." Zayn smiled weakly.

The small boy inhaled deeply before speaking.

"T-They put me into a r-room where a m-man and L-Liam were." He stopped talking shaking a little.

"I s-sat down in the c-chair and the m-man started talking a-about things. T-Then he said t-to L-Liam that h-he could c-come back i-into his g-gang i-if." Calum started to sob into his hands.

"If what Calum?" Zayn pressed on. He needed to get answers so he could help him.

"He s-said to L-Liam that i-if he'd l-let him h-have his w-way with m-me, h-he could j-join back." 

"I heard his screams." Mr Hemming's said trying not to cry. "I heard him screaming no then screaming in pain. I tried to help him! I tried to get to him to stop them!" Mr Hemming's said now letting tears fall.

"All I could think about was that could've been my Luke years ago." He said sobbing uncontrollably now.

Zayn didn't know what to do, he was in a room with two crying people. He didn't know how to deal with this.

So he brought them both under his arms as they both cried into his chest.

He felt content now, he had his best friend who he whom loved very much, and he also had a boy that he felt strangely inclined to protect. 

Zayn knew there was going to be much more tears, hurt and betrayal in the next few weeks. But he knew that they have their own little gang now, they're just like family. 

A/N: That right there ^ Kinda made me cry, maybe.

Thank you for 2K reads and +400 votes! <3

So, feedback on chapter? :)

Tysm for reading.