twenty-two.

twenty-two.

bae joohyun

I spun around a little too much, admiring the new, burgundy dress I bought for the Christmas dance. Sooyoung, Seulgi and I went a bit overboard with shopping and decided with this rare color since most kids in our class would wear red.

It was a burgundy dress reaching to my ankles, sleeveless and had a small slit on the bottom to show about an inch of my leg. Sooyoung chose this since she thought I needed to get out of my shell. My hair was pre-curled and went back to its plain black color, and I wore black heels that were killing my feet.

I told Kyungsoo earlier on to knock on my door before so we could go together, as friends. I'd never advance onto him, vice versa. I'm pretty sure Seulgi and Kyungsoo will reconciliate and soon. I hope.

I knew the knock on the door was him, so I cluttered towards the door carefully in the really high heels to the door. Opening it, I saw a newly dressed Kyungsoo wearing a navy tux with a burgundy tie.

"Joohyun, you look so pretty!" His eyes sparkled. I was just glad it wasn't a 'I like you' sparkle. More friendly. "Shall we go? Sooyoung just texted me saying she's on her way to the school."

"Yeah," he took his arm out for me to take as we walked towards his car. It took us a little while to get to the school because there was traffic. But we got there to see our whole grade wearing fancy clothes like us. We entered the school and texted Sooyoung to see where she was at.

Sooyoung: in the gym at the table closest to the door!!'

When we reached the gym, we saw her and Sungjae casually talking. Their eyes met ours, and all of our eyes widened.

"Joohyun! I told you so!" Sooyoung stood up to pull me into her really tight hugs which meant she was excited.

"I look pre-pubescent," I pouted when I took a look at her outfit. She literally looked ten times better than me, wearing a similar colored dress that had no straps and showed off her existing curves.

She actually looked older than me! While I looked cute-ish, Sooyoung looked hot! Why couldn't I have curves?

"No, you actually don't. We have different body types, Joohyun. There's no problem with yours!" Sooyoung assured me while hugging me tighter. Whatever.

I saw Seulgi behind chatting to Kai with Seunghwan and Chen beside them. Her eyes met mine as well. She gestured for me to come over since she saw Kyungsoo near us. So I took Sooyoung to go say hi to them.

"Seulgi, you look so great," Sooyoung gaped at her best friend (although she knew what Seulgi was gonna wear as she chose it).

"Yeah, you do!" I agreed, staring at the beautifully designed burgundy floor-length dress adorned with white lace. Seulgi gave us both a tight hug in glee.

"You guys too," she turned to Kai. "Say something, Kai."

Kai did some half wave in a weird fashion but didn't even look me in the eye. While I was giving him the dirtiest look possible. I pulled away from the girls to feel someone back-hug me.

"Joohyun!" I turned around seeing the familiar cheesy smile. Chen. He looked positively cute in the suit he was wearing. Matching his pink tie color was his choir friend Seunghwan. She hugged me too.

"When are you guys performing?" I checked the time to see it was 6:50 p.m.

Seunghwan shrugged. "About seven thirty. God, I'm scared!"