five.

five.

bae joohyun

I became conscious feeling with a limp arm around me. My eyes flickered open, adjusting to the harsh lights coming from the cloudy white sky letting out rays.

I turned to the side and saw a fast asleep Baekhyun move to the side. With difficulty, I hauled his arm off and got off his bed to go downstairs.

The house was eerily quiet once I had walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen. It was a natural thing for me to wake up and cook since my family were pretty lazy. Especially my father.

I hummed while whipping some raw eggs with a bowl, just enjoying the quiet and vast space around me. There wasn't anyone watching or annoying me. Which was perfect.

I was making pancakes since I was oddly craving it. I threw chocolate chips in the mixture and whipped enough batter to make pancakes for me, and Baekhyun.

After cooking the pancakes, I placed them on a plate and took a couple to eat. It didn't take me long to finish them, since they were so good. I put the rest on a plate and walked upstairs to give to Baekhyun.

Once I walked in, he was nowhere to be seen. But I heard movement in the bathroom. After about ten minutes, he came out looking extremely pale and nauseous.

"I feel terrible," he gasped hoarsely. "I think it's hangover. I regret everything."

"I'm guessing," I mused while handing him the plate of pancakes. He took one look at it and his head turned away.

"I don't want to eat that, sorry. I feel way too ill."

I brushed my fingers on his forehead. It was burning my hand. "Yep. You're way too ill. I'll get you some water and porridge, and take it slow."

He lay on his bed and I pulled his covers up to reach his chin, brushing his hair off his forehead to make him cooler. His hair was sticky and damp as I pushed it up.

I hurried downstairs and quickly opened a satchet of porridge while pouring a glass of water. The porridge was finished after a while, and I put a small sprinkle of sugar on the top. I also found a packet of medicine for nausea and decided to bring it for him.

I took the food and water up using a tray and handed it to a drowsy looking Baekhyun. He took it reluctantly but looked extremely weak.

"D-do you want me to feed it to you?" I asked with a stutter. He turned to me with his eyelids flickering slightly.

"Would you?" He whispered. I nodded immediately.

"If it would be easier for you." I took the spoon and spooned a generous amount of porridge, feeding it to him. He ate obediently and luckily kept it down without throwing up.

Once the porridge was finished, I handed him the glass of water and the medicine. He took it and drank it, looking much better.

"Thanks Joohyun," he nodded his head at me gratefully and I gave him a little smile.

The doorbell rung from downstairs which triggered me to step down and open the front door. Both of our parents were there looking happy.

"Aren't you two ready for the banquet with our cousins?" My mother gasped in shock. Wait, banquet? Why wasn't I informed?

"What banquet?"

"The banquet! I messaged you on our group chat!" My father told me, exasperated.

"What group chat?" I was extremely confused on what my parents were saying.

He checked his phone and began laughing loudly. "Oops! I forgot to add you! Your mother and I are the only participants!"