Rick rolled up the map. "Well let's go," he said. Glenn reached out and gave my shoulder a squeeze. I smiled up and him and leaned forward to kiss his cheek. Rick was already halfway to his car by the time I exited the RV. I quickly jumped in the truck and pulled out in front of Rick so I could lead the way.

~~

It took a good three hours to get there, but I knew in the end that it would definitely be worth it. Rick and Glenn had trailed me the whole way. I started searching for the road to turn on. Like I said if you blinked you would miss it. It wasn't marked and it was a dirt path covered by a ton of trees.

I slammed on my brakes rather quickly before taking the turn onto the small dirt path. I knew Rick was probably a little mad for not giving him a warning but I didn't care we were almost there. The cabin was about three miles off the road deep in the woods.

I was hoping I wasn't leading us into a death trap and if I did I would probably just give up right there. We had already lost too many people. Finally I saw the cabin come into view and I felt a smile creep on my face. Rick pulled up beside me and the car lights shown on the old front porch.

The cabin looked untouched which made me happy. I slowly slid out of the car. Rick and Glenn met me at the front of the truck. I readied my crossbow and Rick led the way up the porch. Rick turned the knob and let the door fall open naturally. I sighed when nothing lunged at us.

Luckily it was dusk so we still had time to quickly clear out the cabin then we all could settle for the night. Rick slowly walked in and I followed right behind him. "The kitchen is straight ahead and then a small hallway breaks off from the side of it to a couple of the bedrooms. The other two bedrooms and that way," I said nodding towards the other side of the living room.

"Should we split up," Glenn whispered. Rick nodded. "We'll clear out the living room and kitchen and then I'll take the back hallway while you and Emery take the one next to the living room," he said answering Glenn. We both nodded and started walking through the house.

"This is perfect," I whispered after clearing out the two rooms and finding them walker free. "Don't be so sure yet," Rick said. We quickly split up and Glenn and I went to the other bedrooms by the living room. Glenn and I split up taking a bedroom a piece.

I walked into what would be the master bedroom with the attached bathroom. I quickly cleared the bedroom and walked into the bathroom. It was clear too. I went to walk out when something caught my eye. I turned on my heel and faced the dirty towel that was hanging up.

It was white but from the dirt it had turned to a slight yellow tint. I reached forward and gasped when I felt that it was slightly wet, like someone had recently taken a shower and they had hung it up to dry. I felt myself step back and quickly head out the door.

When I walked into the hallway I practically ran into Glenn. "What's wrong?" he asked noticing how fast my breath was coming out. He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked in my eyes. "Emery, what's wrong?" he asked again. I shook my head and went to find Rick.

Rick was standing in the living room. "Someone's here," I said. Rick's face turned from happy to concerned. "What do you mean?" he asked. I swallowed hard. "I was checked the bathroom and I noticed a dirty towel. I thought it was just left there from a long time ago but I touched it and it was wet."

Rick ran a hand through my hair. "We can't leave. It's getting dark," he said. I nodded. "We'll move everyone in and stand guard whoever it is can't be that big of a threat," Rick had definitely changed. Before he would try to reason with people. Now he doesn't care if they get eaten.

We quickly walked back inside and grabbed our gear and headed back inside locking the front door behind us. Glenn pulled all the curtains on the windows. "Lori, I want you and the kids to go to the bedroom that's all the way at the end of the house. Don't come out until I say," Rick said.