give me love

all I want is
the taste that
your lips allow

"I still can't believe you did that," I whisper, pouring alcohol onto a cotton wool ball and dabbing his cheek.

Shawn squints his eye in pain, "The asshole deserved it."

I let out a long sigh and delicately place a bandage over his cut, "You can't go punching people, Shawn. Even if they deserve it."

He tenses up and slowly pushes my arm away, "Ramona, I don't think you understand," his eyes turn an inky black, "Nobody is allowed to hurt you."

I make an attempt to interrupt, but he cuts me off.

"No. Nobody is," he shakes his head, breathing becoming heavier, "Not verbally, not physically. They– They can't. I won't let them."

"Shawn–"

"Listen to me. That jerk deserved every punch he got. Maybe even a few more," he stares at me and I look down at my hands, playing with the cotton, "Look me in the eyes and tell me– Tell me that what Alex said didn't hurt you."

"I–," I whisper and look up slightly, the insults echoing in my head, "I can't."

"Exactly!" he looks enraged, "You got hurt. My girl got hurt by some guy who...who's just jealous!"

I let out a soundless laugh and look back down at my hands, "Yeah, jealous."

His hand comes up and touches my chin lightly, lifting my face up to meet his, "Yes," he whispers, "Jealous... because I'm the luckiest guy in the world."

My eyes betray me, and a single tear rolls down my cheek. Before I can reach up to wipe it, I'm already buried in his arms, "You don't have a clue how beautiful you are, Ramona. Or how intelligent. Or kind."

"Thank you," I mutter into his shoulder.

"No need to thank me; it'll just be a couple of stitches," I can hear his sweet smile through his words.

I pull away softly, "Not for punching Alex. I still think you shouldn't have done that," he chuckles, "I mean... thank you for being the sweetest guy I've ever met."

"Well, in that case, thank you for being the most amazing girl I'll ever meet."

I glance up towards him, and I can see his eyes flickering down to my lips before quickly darting back to mine.

"Ramona...," he pronounces slowly, his face inching closer to mine.

I let out a shallow breath, "Shawn...."

It takes the snap of a finger for me to reach up and press my lips to his, my hands tangling in his silky chocolate locks. I feel him chuckle onto my lips as he wraps his arms around my small frame, pulling me as close to him as possible.

Suddenly, Shawn pulls away sharply, "Ow– Jesus– OW."

"What, what?" I search his eyes for an answer.

He hisses, "Jesus Christ that hurts."

When I notice his large hand cupping his bandaged cheek, I realize.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry," I can't help but chuckle, and he smiles. I stand up, grabbing my coat from the ground and helping him to his feet.

He laces his fingers with mine, and I squeeze his hand as we walk back to my car.

"Let's go get you some stitches."

[A/N: This is for the awesome mendessauce aka Ramona. You slay, I hope you enjoyed this <3]