Chapter 11

If you have not seen the episode of Agents of SHIELD titled Closure and don't want any spoilers then don't read this chapter.
___________________________
Clint dropped me off where Fitz and Simmons were supposed to meet me. They were waiting outside with other SHIELD agents.

"Will" Simmons walked over to me.

"What's supposed to be in here" I asked gesturing to the warehouse like building.

"Information on the Monothilth" Fitz said.

"Okay then let's go".

"Will is that a new suit" Simmons asked.

"Yeah. Tony designed it for me".

Fitz and Simmons were arguing about something that was on another planet when the SHIELD agents were gunned down.

"Let's go" the gunman said. We were bound and dragged down the hall. When we reached a set of double doors the Hydra agents shoved us through them. Fitz and Simmons fell and I was faced with one of my mortal enemies.

"Not my idea. It was his" Ward said gesturing to an older man. The man went on to explain stuff that I didn't listen to. I was filled with rage.

Simmons was struggling when the man asked "Any suggestions".

"Separate them, and leave Ragnarok to me" Ward replied. Simmons was dragged back out the doors.

By this time I had been forced to my knees. "Ah Ragnarok. One of Hydra's greatest creations finally come home" the man said bending down to be at eye level with me.

"You may as well just kill me because last time the brainwashing didn't work" I spat.

"Ward you didn't tell me she had such a temper" the man said turning away from me.

"She's noble I'll give her that, but we can break her. Anyone can be broken eventually" Ward said.

"I thought you'd be a lot nicer since you are the spawn of Captain America" the man said.

"You thought wrong" I was fidgeting with he rope that was tied around my hands. Ward had zip tied Fitz to a chair and left the room. The other man also left.

"Will what do we do" Fitz panicked.

"I don't know, but Simmons can handle herself. I'm sure she'll be fine".

"Will we need to get out of here".

"I know Fitz. I'm trying to figure out how to get us out of here" I whispered harshly. Just then Ward walked into the room.

"You know I always thought of your relationship with Simmons as cute. Like a cartoon puppy" Ward taunted. Simmons screams echoed through the compound.

Fitz started to struggle. "We could just sit here and listen to this" Ward leaned back in his chair "what is it that hurts you the most. Her screams or the long pauses in between".

I now knew what it must have been like for Peter when we were with Doom.  Ward's phone rang. "I wasn't expecting a call from a dead woman's phone" he said leaving the room.

"Will I really hope you have a plan".

"That call for Ward was from Coulson. I know that Coulson will get us out of here" I stated. I could hear Ward yelling in the hall. There were more screams from Simmons.

"I'll spare her if you go through that portal" Ward said to Fitz. Fitz glanced at me to say sorry.

"Fine. I'll go" he muttered. Ward untied him and dragged both of us to a chamber where pieces of the Monothilth were held.

"Fitz" Simmons whispered.

"Sorry Jemma" he hung his head in shame. I was still panicking. I knew that a powerful creature was just through the portal.

I still wasn't sure if I was going to be forced through the portal. Ward knew that I was valuable. He was taking Fitz as an offering to the creature. Surely he wouldn't risk my life, but if he got this creature then I would be useless to Hydra. They would have an alien on their side instead of a defiant kid.

"Ragnarok you're staying here" Ward had suited up and was ready to activate the portal. I was relieved, but I knew I had to go to protect Fitz.

The portal opened and Hydra agents started jumping through it. Ward pushed Fitz into the portal and I could see how much Simmons hated it.

Before the portal could close a figure in all black dove through it. In that split second something came over me and not something good. I sped towards the portal and jumped through it before it closed.
___________________________
Another note, sorry for the short chapter guys. I've been pretty busy and wanted to get it up as soon as possible.