Nineteen-Rehearsals

Start from the beginning

"I heard she embarrassed herself." I commented.

Ryan nodded and chuckled. "She did. It was annoying and entertaining at the same time." I chuckled also. "The only downside it that her and her parents are going to the wedding."

Crap. I was probably going to get harassed by her once she sees me at the wedding on Saturday. "That'll be fun." I said sarcastically.

"Oh yeah. Loads of fun."

"What do you think Aiden will do during the wedding?" I asked him. I was going to ask Aiden earlier, but I didn't see him for the rest of the day.

Ryan shrugged. "I have no idea. I haven't had a conversation with him for a while now."

Aiden is shutting everyone out. I don't blame him for being so upset, but he is only hurting himself more. "Oh." I said, looking down. I heard a car pull up and saw that it was my mom.

Ryan stood up and held his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me up with ease. "I'll see you tomorrow Ryan." I waved to him.

"Bye Riley." He gave me small smile.

I got into my mother's car and we drove back to our house.

***

I hadn't heard from Aiden in two and a half days. The last time I talked to him was in the hall on Tuesday. It is now Friday and I still haven't spoken to him.

I was now at home, getting ready for the rehearsal dinner. My mom had bought me another dress for this evening. She was going with me also, since her and Anna are good friends.

My dress was a little girlier than I would have liked it, but I wasn't going to complain out loud. My mom had pinned my hair up in a side bun, leaving a few pieces loose. She clapped when we were finished getting ready, and claimed that I should always wear makeup and dress like this.

I think otherwise.

As I was in my room, my phone started buzzing on my dresser. I glanced down at the screen and saw that Aiden was calling me.

Frowning, I answered. "Yes?"

"Hello to you too Summers." Aiden's voice rang through my ears. "It's always a pleasure hearing you sound so cheery."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh yes, I'm feeling very cheery right now."

"I'm going to ask you something, and you have to give me a good answer." He told me.

"Okay." I said slowly. "What's your question?"

I heard him take a deep breath. "Black or red?"

"Are you serious right now?" I demanded. "Why are you asking that?"

"Dead serious. Just choose now because I'm kind of in a hurry." He said.

I sighed in frustration. "Black."

"I'm glad you said that." He said then hung up. Aiden is so weird. And that's bad for me to say since I'm pretty weird.

My mom called my name from downstairs and I glanced at the clock. It was about ten 'til six. I hurried out of my room and went downstairs. I was glad I convinced my mom to let me wear flats instead of heels. I probably would have broken my ankle running down the stairs.

***

I was standing next to Kelly while she talked to one of her friends. They were talking about another girl from their school. This was really boring, but I had no one else to talk to. It was about five after six and Ryan had yet to show his face, so I couldn't talk to him.