Chapter 14

Lukes PoV

"She got raped by that asshole Jace," Tess whispered to herself.

My eyes widened and my heart rate quickened. Who was she talking about?

"What?" I questioned, shocked and confused at the same time.

Her head immediately snapped up and from the looks of it, she was crying. Tears rolling endlessly down her cheek.

"Um, I-I..." She stuttered, unable to say any words.

"What happened? And correct me f I'm wrong, but did you say raped?" I curiously asked, taking a step towards her.

She was still unable to say anything so I decided to make my way to sit next to her. She clearly wasn't in the right state of mind to say anything about the topic or situation.

"Okay, baby girl. What's wrong?" I comforted her by caressing her arm soothingly.

"He raped my baby girl," she choked out.

Who's her baby girl?

That's when it clicked. Del. My innocent girl.

"Oh my God." I was speechless.

My daughter had been raped.

Anger boiled up in me as I stood up and balled my fists by my sides.

"Who did it?" I gritted between my teeth, wondering if inward the right person at first.

"J-Jace," she mumbled while dipping her head down so that her forehead was pressed against her knees.

My eyes widened at her words. Jace. This guy that Del had been crushing on since god knows how long.

Well, someone's dying tonight so people out there should plan a funeral. Actually don't even bother with a funeral. I'll just dump him in the ocean.

"I'm gonna murder that asshole," With that, I briskly walked down stairs and out of the house.

As I walked to Jace's house, I could see police cars parked around the house. As I made my way closer, I could see a police officer hand cuffing... Jamie ?

I rushed towards the scene as I took in the events occurring around me.

"Sir, I advise you not to go near this area. We are handling a very important situation. Please stay away," A police officer pushed me back gently, making me stumble back slightly.

I'm pretty sure if someone ordered me to do something again, my blood would literally boil and my brain will explode.

"Get the hell out of my way!" I yelled as I pushed him to a side and jogged towards Jamie.

As soon as I Jamie caught my eye, he yelled for me. "Dad!"

"Jamie!" I yelled back. As soon as I reached the police officer that was hand cuffing Jamie, I was breathless.

"Why are you taking my son?" I asked the officer who seemed like he didn't care.

He bluntly ignored me. "I said, why are you taking my son?" I gritted through my teeth while taking a threatening step closer towards the ignorant officer.

"Your son," he started. "Has been part of an act of violence and is being taken to temporary prison until we get everything sorted out," He lazily explained as he fumbled with the hand cuffs.

"Can I talk to him before you take him?" I pleaded hoping he'd say yes after seeing my attitude.

"You have five minutes," He said before walking away to another group of officers who were laughing like there was a flying pig I front of them.

I rolled my eyes and put my focus back on Jamie. "Jamie, what did you do?" I asked sternly.

He didn't say anything but rolled his eyes like it was a normal thing. He looked to the ground, trying to avoid eye contact with me.

I turned his head to face me so I could see him. "What did you do?" I asked, this time more harshly.

He let out a huff before opening his mouth to speak. "I beat the shit out of that asshole Jace - obviously," He muttered as he spat out blood from his mouth.

There were injuries covering almost every inch of his exposed body. Bruises were forming around his eye and jaw while blood poured out of his nose ; from close up, you could see his lip was cut.

I let out a sigh before resting my hands on either of his shoulders. "Lemme explain Jamie," I started. "I know what happened to Tess and it's really bad. And yes, I also want to beat the crap out of him, but clearly, I didn't. and that was for a reason," I explained.

I expected Jamie to say sorry, but, unexpectedly, he rolled his eyes at me.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" I asked as I narrowed my eyes and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah, so?" He replied, rather rudely.

"Well, excuse me, but I'm trying to explain to you about how you shouldn't have done that and you're rolling your eyes at me," My voice rising as I spoke.

"WELL THEN STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO FREAKIN' DO! YOU'RE NOT MY DAD!" He yelled with all his might, his face turning red.

I stumbled back as I heard his words. Shocked, I was speechless.

He didn't even have one single piece of emotion on his face - nothing at all.

My own son, had just told me I'm not his father. Okay, I agree, I'm not his father, but I was the one who took care of him since he was born.

"You're right. I'm not your dad. Cause I'm not the guy who took care of you, your sister and your mum since the say you were born, right? I don't care for you. Isn't that what you think?" My voice was barely coming out.

"Dad, I-" he started but the police officer cut him off.

"Time's up," he announced. "Get in," he ordered as he pushed Jamie into the police car.

I slowly began walking away and tried to take everything in. My daughter had lost her innocence. My wife is depressed at the recent events that have taken place and my son, or should I even call him that, is in temporary prison.

I might as well have an accident and then we'll all have something to connect to.

Ispoke to early. before I knew it, blinding bright lights shone, like fireworks, in my eyes and I hit the ground with as thud. I could feel the pain stinging through my body like waves. I heard nothing- complete silence.

No horns. No people. Nothing.

And that was when I couldn't see, hear or feel.

Was i dead? I hope so...

-----

A/N:

Hey guys

I'm getting back on track with my uploads so yay. And hopefully, by Christmas the story will be complete cause i'll be uploading more - fingers crossed.

Don't be a silent reader. VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE?

Ly :)

Twitter: because_rhinos