Chapter 7

Luke's POV

It's been three weeks since I caught Brooke sucking some other guy's face. My chest tightened at the thought of my girlfrie- Sorry, ex-girlfriend, cheating on me.

For the past couple of months, I've been feeling different. Especially around Tess.

Whether she walks past or even talks to me, I feel a rush of heat run through my body.

"Luke? Could you tell Jamie to stop playing train tracks and come eat dinner?" Tess yelled from the kitchen.

Even something as simple as that made me nervous.

"Yeah, sure," I yelled in response.

After managing to convince Jamie to make his way to the dining table, I headed towards the kitchen.

"You need help?" I asked Tess, who was frantically rushing around the kitchen for all sorts of things.

"Yeah, I can't find Del's pink shiny fork. And she won't eat her noodles without it," she swiftly stated.

I acknowledged what she said and began searching for the spoon. I turned around to see it resting on the microwave.
I grabbed it and turned back around to face Tess- her body merely inches away from mine.

I stared longingly into her eyes as she started into mine. My gaze flickered from her eyes to lips and back to her eyes.

I started leaning in but immediately pulled away as I realised what I was doing.

I dropped back and looked down to hide my nervousness.
While fumbling around with Del's spoon, I cleared my throat to bring Tess back to reality.

Her lips were parted and her gaze fixed on me- leaving me standing there awkwardly.

"Tess?" I called for her attention.

"Huh?" She blinked a couple of times.

"I found the spoon," I grinned at my achievement.

"Thanks, you're a life saver," she quickly replied and continued handling all sorts of kitchen equipment while I stood in the corner simply staring at the adorable beauty in front of me.

My eyes widened at my thoughts. What is wrong with me?

Tess's POV

Recently, Luke has been acting very odd and to be honest, so was I.

He made me blush and feel nervous all the time and I didn't know why it happened or how to stop it.

"Tess, babe, let's watch a movie," Luke offered. The use of 'babe' made my stomach flutter although it was a very common word he used.

"Yeah, sure," I replied. We decided to watch Paranormal Activity because Halloween was coming up and why not get into that spooky mood? (Over enthusiasm)

Anyways Luke got up from his seat and went to the kitchen to grab some food while I set up the movie.

Minutes later, he returned with packets of crisps and a few cans of fizzy drink.

"Let's start this!" Luke screamed making my eyes widen at his loud voice.
"Shut up! The kids are sleeping! You're such an ass," I scolded him.

"A hot ass," he smirked and gave me a quick wink.

"Sure, you think what you wanna think," I smiled smugly, trying to conceal the heat rising upto my cheeks.

After watching the film, I was afraid of getting up in case there was some sort of demon waiting to murder me. I know, a twenty-one year old scared of the least scariest film ever.