Chapter 1

RECAP

"Well, well well. Look who we have here!" I turned around to see Dan standing opposite the kids with another guy in a hoodie. I didn't say a word but gulped the huge lump, that was forming, in my throat, down. "Seems like we'll be having a reunion. Eh?" My stomach began doing familiar flips and turns.

The mysterious guy in the hoodie lifted the hood of his head and stepped forward. My breathing stopped. I think I just died. It couldn't possibly.

"Hey, babe, do you think this is a nice- Josh?" Luke stopped in his spot, his mouth wide opened.

"Josh?" I mumbled, my eyes turning glossy.

Dan smirked. "Well, this is gonna be fun. Isn't it?"

Tess's POV

"Well this is gonna be fun. Isn't it?"

"Babe?" Josh repeated Luke's words, confused. No words left my mouth as flashbacks from Josh's funeral played through my head.

Josh turned his gaze from me to Luke to the kids. He walked closer to the kids and reached his arms out to hug them.

"No!" I screamed, tears flooding down my cheeks. I wrapped my arms around Del and Jamie- keeping them away from Josh.

A hurt expression took over his face as I kept distance from him. As seconds went by, my eyes became much more sore and I had lost all the energy in my, now, weak body.

"Tessa, Princess, I can-" he started explaining.
"No! Just go! And don't try come find me again!" I yelled at him, wincing at the name; the kids hiding behind me.

"I'm so-" he started again, but this time it was Luke who stopped him.

"No. Now is not the right time. Now get your sorry ass away from her," he seriously instructed, his eyes wide.

I began ushering the kids towards the opposite direction and tried to get my mind away from the unexpected event that just took place.

And to think that all of the effort to try and get my mind of Josh's death was pointless because he wasn't even dead.

A year.
A whole entire year.
He missed the birth of his own children and faked his death.
He left me to go with Dan, out of all people.

"You alright?" Luke rested his hand on my shoulder, relaxing me instantly.

"Do I look alright?" I said rudely, but immediately apologised. "Sorry," I mumbled.

"It's okay," he reassured me.

"Where are the kids?" I asked, wiping my wet cheeks dry. We were still shopping since we only had a little more left to do.

"Oh, they went to go get another 5SOS album because Jamie refused to share it with Del," he explained. "Because we're too good," he smirked, causing me to roll my eyes again.
"Don't worry, I'll pay for it," he stated.
I raised my eyebrows at his big- headedness. "Excuse me? Do you think I can't pay for it?"

"No, no. Don't take it in such a way. I meant to say, since I was the one who let them get two, I should be the one paying for it," he explained.

I replied with an "Oh," before heading off to find the kids. Add I walked into the 'Toys' isle, I could see Del and James with... Josh?

I rushed towards the kids and pulled them away from the nasty liar. "What do you not understand about keeping a distance?" I yelled at him.
He didn't say anything, but kept quiet.

"Mum, you said we didn't have a Daddy. Why is this man calling us his son and daughter?" My eyes turned glossy at the thoughts racing through the little kids' minds.

I turned my gaze to meet Josh's. "What is your problem? They're so small! How you possibly say something like that?" I yelled, flailing my hands in the air.

"I know. I'm sorry, I-" he began apologising, again.

I raised my hand directly in front of his face and cut him off. "Are you seriously apologising?" Droplets of salty water running down my cheeks. "Why? What did I ever do?" I screamed. "How could you decide to fake your death and reappear after a year? Then you claim that these two kids are your son and daughter!" I wrapped my arms around the kids like a guard. "Let me tell you something, these kids are mine and nobody else's. Do you understand?" With that, I pulled the two kids towards the end of the isle and went to go find Luke.

"Tess?" I turn around to see Luke in the women's jewellery section. "What are you doing here?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed.
"I thought maybe I should buy Brooke a gift for when she comes to visit next week?" hr mumbled embarrassed.

"What happened?" He whispered in my earwhile we walked to the checkout area. He clearly noticed the sulking look on my face. Before I knew it, I was crying into his t-shirt while his arms wrapped themselves around my back.

°°°°°°°°°°°°
A/N:

Sorry guys. First chapter was kind of crap. But hope you liked it... A little.

Remember to vote, comment and share.

Ly