Chapter 3: New Year, New Season

Author's note: Here's another chapter in the FNL Fanmake based on Season 3's JD McCoy story arc, and this is where Vegeta meets Mr. Peabody at the BBQ, and the Surprise will be on hold.

Meanwhile at a middle class house near Bradley Elementary, a family van was getting packed.

"Goku! Goten's gonna be late for the pool party!"

"Sorry, ChiChi, but I have to make sure if Gohan will pick Goten up from the party!"

In the house, Goku, the father of of Kid Goten, was packing things for the Barbecue, while his wife, ChiChi, was vacuuming the living room. It was another average day for Goku and his family, Goku being the funny hard working business father, while ChiChi was a tense stay at home mother.

"Hey, dad, what time should I pick Goten up from the pool party?" A voice said, Goku noticed that it was his 18-year old son, Gohan that said that.

"Around 3 or 4 should be enough, Gohan." Goku then said.

"Goten! Time to go!" ChiChi then said.

Then, a 7-year kid looking like Goku when he was young arrived, he was Goten.

"Thanks, Gohan!" Goten said.

"No problem, little brother, now let's get to the party, huh?" Gohan said, while rubbing Goten's head. The 2 headed to his car in the garage.

"Wow, it's hard to believe that Goten's only 7 and that Gohan's 18, huh, Chi Chi?" Goku said, chuckling.

"I know, and can you believe our little Gohan's going to college, Goku?" Chi Chi said, while smiling. "I just wish that Goten would have to accept that Gohan's going to live in a dorm room at the University of Texas." The Ox-King's daughter sighed in sadness; Goku got Chi Chi to look at him.

"Look, honey, don't worry, Gohan will still be at Goten's games on Saturday afternoon. And I can promise you, this town has a lot of expectations this year. Gohan will be happy that Goten and his friends finished up what Gohan started years ago." Goku said.

From 1986 to 1991, Gohan used to be an excellent Backyard Football quarterback, the expectations in the Meadowbrook elementary school were really high that year, and Gohan and the 88' Tigers went 7-2 into the playoffs and made it to the semi final, only to be defeated by an excellent team, the Milton Lions, Bradley's arch rival.

But this is now, and the Tigers have a new QB on their shoulders, and that is Sherman Peabody.

A few hours into the BBQ Pool Party, the team was having a ball, while Mr. Peabody was getting the potato salad, then, he heard a door bell noise again. He went up to the door, and answered the door, only to see a 5'5" tall man (in comparison with Goku's 5'9" height). His hair firmly stands upwards, and has a prominent widow's peak. He possesses black eyes and jet black hair, he seems to be muscular as well. He wore a golf shirt, and formal jeans and shoes. His name was Vegeta Briefs, the overbarring father of Trunks.

"Oh, you must be Trunks' father. Welcome to the BBQ," Mr. Peabody said,

"Thank you. I brought you something you may like, Mr. Peabody." Vegeta then said, while getting out a package containing a steak, much to the smartest dog's confusion.

"Uh, thanks, I guess." Mr. Peabody replied, in confusion.

"And you know how my son, Trunks, set a lot of records back at our former home in Dallas? Well, It's kind of disappointing that he's a backup Quarterback, especially if I heard that your son let the entire town down last October in 1996." Vegeta stated.

It was obvious that Vegeta was referring to the Howard-Bradley season finale game that Sherman was stopped 1 yard short of taking the Tigers to the post season for the first time since 1992, but that's in the past.