Chapter 2: Pressure and Depression

In the downtown Meadowbrook, it was an average suburban town, with stores such as Wal-Mart, Target, Cub Foods, and there were also auto shops, insurancy buildings, restauraunts, and a movie theater as well. Overall, since the Great Depression ended, the town started to pick itself back up. But other than the love of the town that keeps the citizens together, the citizens of Meadowbrook display a love for the sport of American Football. They love the sport so much, every year, the entire town gathers together at Meadowbrook Community College for the annual Rivalry game between the Bradley Tigers and the Milton Elementary Lions.

Anywho, at Mr. Peabody's mansion, while the others were having fun at the pool party, Mr. Peabody was about to finish a chapter in his book, however, Sherman entered the house, and said, "Hey, Mr. Peabody! Are you almost done with your book?"

"Yes, Sherman. You know, I'm surprise you and your friends are having enormous pressure in the town!" Mr. Peabody said. "After all, it's just a friendly sporting league."

"I don't expect you to understand, Mr. Peabody, because you were raised in New York, but Texas wouldn't appreciate you saying that in public." Sherman said, sternly.

Then Sherman turned on the radio, and it was talking about sports.

"So, what time will Penny and this new kid arrive?" Mr. Peabody said, closing his book.

"In 13 minutes. And Rallo told me that he's coming in as soon as possible." Sherman replied, then he continued, "Hey, you can't possibly think that this new kid from Dallas is a Phenom quarterback, right?"

"Who, Trunks?" Mr. Peabody said, while shrugging.

"Yeah."

"Well, Sherman, I don't know why you should worry, you had a good season, and you have a better opportunity to lead your team to the playoffs." Mr. Peabody said.

"The Howard Cougars are the defending BFL champions, and it seems as if Sherman's in for the longest night of his life unless we get to see the QB phenom, Trunks Briefs!" The Radio said.

*Ding-dong*

"That must be Penny or Trunks." Sherman said. He then walked up to the door and sees 3 kids, a girl and 2 boys.

The 7-year old girl had Blonde hair, black hairband , pink-striped shirt and skirt, white leggings and black shoes.

The 7-year old boy had lavender hair color, blue eyes. slightly tanned skin, wears a dark green Eagles jersey, a pair of gray sweatpants, orange wristbands, and golden shoes.

The other 7-year old boy had brown skin, a black afro, dark jeans, and a Dallas Cowboys jersey.

The 3 kids were Penny Peterson (Sherman's best friend and crush), the BFL QB phenom himself, Trunks Briefs, and the new Running back, Rallo Tubbs.

"Oh, hi, Penny." Sherman said, while looking at Penny, then took a look at Trunks. He then said, "And you must be Trunks."

"Uh, duh!" Kid Trunks said, while shrugging and smiling. "You know me, don't you Sherman?"

"Sorry, I'm working on remembering everyone's name on the team, the friends that I'm usually close to are Phineas, Penny, Jimmy, Charlie, and Goten." Sherman chuckled, while rubbing his neck.

"Well, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, considering that your family is always busy." Rallo said.

"And thanks for inviting me, Sherman." Penny said.

"I'm guessing your sister Jenifer didn't want to come?" Sherman asked.

"No, she still hates you and me. And it was all because she couldn't go to Milton Boarding Elementary. It's not Dad's fault that she couldn't go because of the district's rules about going to the schools." Penny then said.