Chapter twenty three

Jace's PoV

I'm running and running and I don't stop until I reach the waterfall. I can sense them behind me but if I try to talk to anyone right now, I'll snap and I know they're smart enough to know they need to stay away. I will admit that I am glad they're there, after recent events running alone again was not something I should have done. 'Stupid fucking mates, the amount of danger they put themselves in, I am furious, how could they be so stupid. What if he got them, what if Nick hadn't of turned up and worst of all, where was I, tied up and fucking useless to them that's where. 

They should never have come for me, I'd rather die a thousand times than let them put themselves in harms way. Do they not know that, do they not realise how much I love them more than life itself. Stupid little boys'. I'm ranting and raving in my mind when they decide to speak up "Jace it's been three hours can you try to calm down some" Dante asks. "Calm down! You want me to calm down, do you realise what they did, they could have fucking died and you want me to calm down!" I snort at him.

"Yes and you need to do it soon, we understand exactly what your going through, you know what happened to our mate and how close he came to living through the horror your mates have gone through. We will never forget the anger and rage that filled us but pulling away from them will only hurt you and them worse. They have been "wailing" as Luka described it, since you left. He says they are huddled into the corner of your hospital room wedged between the wall and a cabinet and they are shaking and crying".

Damon then says "is that what you want. No I know it's not. You know how much they depend on you and to be honest I haven't seen this behaviour from them since they first arrived. Don't undo all the progress you've made because they did the same thing you did, they made a fucking mistake. Only they didn't repeat it like you just did" he basically spits at me in the coldest tone he's ever used on me. It's the kick in the butt I need to realise what I've done. I don't even answer my best friends, they get it, I just run.

I get to the pack house quickly and rush to the room, what I hear inside breaks my heart, they really are wailing and I've been so consumed with anger I've left them be like this for over three fucking hours, I'm an idiot. How can I be so stupid, I hurt them because I was so worried about what could have happened, instead I should be grateful we are all safe. Luka shouts at me "what the fuck have you done, how dare you reduce your mates to this. You know they love you and depend on your bond to survive and you go all neanderthal on them, you should be ashamed Jace. Your lucky we love you enough to know you didn't mean it because if we didn't, alpha or not, you would be banished from our lands and your mates".

I feel sick at the thought of that "your right but I need to fix this so let me through" Damon takes him in his arms to calm him down and everyone leaves the room. I walk over to the corner and see my poor little mates huddled together half screaming, half crying, clinging onto one another and I don't stop my own tears. "Mates" they look up at the sound of my voice. To my ultimate horror they try to move further away while submitting to me, my mates are afraid of me. I want to die in this second but I know I can fix this, I need to fix this.

"Please don't hide from me, I am so sorry, I lost my temper because of the danger you faced but not at you. I love you. I would never hurt you on purpose, I just got so angry, I needed to cool off. I don't want you to ever submit to me we are equals, you know that right. Tiny mate? Precious mate? Please say you know how much I would do for you. Your my life, without you I would rather die" I bow down to them and bare my neck, something an alpha rarely does if ever. I have never submitted to anyone else in my life until my mates came along, first my wolf submits to Tyler's and now here I am in front of them begging for forgiveness.

I stay there and notice it's gone quiet, five minutes pass and I'm beginning to think they are going to leave me and never forgive me until I feel them tug at my arms telling me to rise. I do and I'm tackled into a double bear hug, "don't leave us, please we're sorry, just-" "Ty, no, is that what you thought, I'm so sorry my loves. I would never, could never leave you. The moon goddess herself wouldn't tear me away from you. No, don't ever think that again, please know that we will fight, I'll storm off to cool down at times but I'll always come back and I mean always, ok, got it?" They nod yes and relax. Within seconds they fall asleep exhausted from the emotional trauma.

I lie on the bed with them, Sky is heaving in his sleep and Ty is clinging onto me so tight his fingers are white so I rub every part of their bodies I can reach to soothe them. I know now what the others meant about them depending on me for emotional stability, it's a huge responsibility, I'll always have to be careful of the things I do and say to them but I'll have to be true to who I am along with that. It's a role I'm more than willing to fill for them.

There's a timid knock on the door and I tell them to enter quietly knowing it's the guys, "how are they" Tim asks from underneath Rory's arm. "They're good now, they thought I'd left them. I'm sorry guys I just got so hung up on what could've happened to them-" I'm cut off by Damon "it's ok, each and every one of us know and probably would have reacted the same but these are damaged wolves, boys really, they were children when he took them. They never got to experience the things normal teenagers do so you need to remember their brain development changed and they only know hurt and fear as a first response. They are going to be hard work but we all have faith that you are strong enough to deal with that and more. Your the best mate for them just keep that fucking temper in check" he laughs in the end.

"Thanks guys" I am glad they feel that way. We chat for a little longer and then they leave. I just snuggle into my beautiful babies and sleep too.