Chapter nine

Pic of Skyler.

Skyler's PoV

It's been a hard few weeks, at times it's been an impossible few weeks but there are good days mixed in with the bad ones and it makes it worthwhile. Ty is up and down like a roller coaster and the rest of us are just hanging on for dear life in the hope that each time he comes crashing down we can be there to help him.

The twins and their mates have helped enormously, I really feel that we would be in a much darker place without them. Our cousins offer love, affection and helpful advice, while their mates offer distraction. Damon and Dante have an amazing ability to know when time apart is needed and will step in and take one of us away on "pack business" or to do something as simple as go for a walk. The blood moon pack are lucky to have such good leaders.

Then there's Jace, I've been watching out for him without him realising. He's taken on the role of ultimate protector over both of us, often I will find him awake at night just looking at the ceiling in our room while holding us both close to his body. Ty is on meds to make him sleep so I know he never notices but I do. Im going to making sure he remembers that he's important too, something he forgets easily, he's always putting our needs over his own and I won't have it. Sure we're a bit off track at the minute but things are slowly starting to come around. Between the weekly sessions with the pack psychiatrist and the meds, my brother is starting to have less attacks and is opening up more to us.

He finally accepts that he needs help and that he's not alone in this, he has people looking out for him for a change. Luka has had a lot to say on that subject and the two will often walk the grounds for hours talking. Luka knows what it feels like to give in and he's helping Ty get used to the idea. Everywhere Tyler goes though your likely to find Nick, he never intrudes but is just quietly following at a slower pace. The only time he leaves is if Jace orders him too or if we are in our room. We have pack warriors outside our room and surrounding the area outside our room window so he feels confident enough to leave. Jace means business when it comes to our safety and we don't mind. In fact it reassures us and makes us feel safe.

Luka and Tyler decided to have a walk today so I'm making my big man listen to me, like it or not he's in trouble. I leave our room and seek him out knowing I'll find him in his office that Dante and Damon provided for him. I knock and he tells me to enter, when I do I'm disappointed with what I see. He's sitting in his chair bent over the laptop as if he can't keep himself upright any longer, beside him is an untouched bowl of his favourite soup and two bread rolls. An equally tired looking Marco greets me "hello Luna, what's wrong?" This is becoming the it's common question in this house and I'm sick of it.

"Get up!" I order. Marco jumps up straight away following his Lunas orders. My mate barely acknowledged my presence "hey! I said, get up now!" I shout louder. Jace looks up at me stunned "what's wrong" that just makes me more angry. 'Luka send Nick in here right now' I link him. "You stay right there and you just wait till I'm ready" I say pointing at Marco then Jace. If I wasn't mad at them I would laugh at their double frightened expressions. Nick rushes into the room "what's wrong" oh for fuck sake.

"Stop asking that fucking question, nothing's wrong! Everyone in this house is saying the same thing every time they see me or my twin. I really appreciate the concern but it's enough. We've heard nothing in weeks and have more protection than is normal so we need to chill the fuck out a bit" I think Lucas and the pull of the luna roll is rubbing off on me, before Jace I would barely talk to wolves but now look at me. I continue "now Nick and Marco your newly mated wolves go act like it. Your spending too much time apart and it must be killing you so no work today or tomorrow. I don't want to even hear you were separate from one another once and if I find out you were working while together your in trouble. I'm sorry I'm being bossy but it's needed" Nick blushes at the mention of their mating but nods throughout my little speech. Marco looks genuinely relieved, I know he's missing his mate but his loyalty to help Jace is overtaking everything.

"Thank you Luna, I'll be sure to follow your orders" Marco says giving Nick a heated look making him embarrassed before catching him around the waist and hauling him into his arms. "Marcoooo, put me down I'm a top warrior for goddess sake" he whines. "Not right now your not, right now your my delicious mate and I plan on tasting every inch of you. Bye boys" he salutes and they're off.

I turn my gaze on Jace and he raises his hands in surrender "I'm sorry but I can't lea-" "stop talking" he looks shocked. I point at his sofa "get your bum over there mr" he slowly rises and plonks down on the sofa like a bold child. I walk over and sit on his lap, he physically relaxes into my arms "I know you mean well love but I need to ensure the pack work is done and that the warrior rotation is covered. I also-" he starts. "Didn't I tell you to stop talking. I don't mean well, I mean business. Now your running around like a chicken with its head cut off, your not eating, sleeping or functioning right. Yes, we need to look out for Ty, he's not in the best place right now and yes we need to remember there's a threat out there- ah, ah" I scold when he goes to interrupt me.

"But Jace I'm your mate and it's my job to worry about you, just like your worrying about us. We need you, we need a healthy, fit, strong but most of all happy Jace. Your our protector, sure, but your our mate first and all we've been able to see over the last few weeks is a worried man. I want you to pull back big man, we need time together the three of us, no upsetting talk or fretting over us. Let's just do a pyjama day, let's set the warriors in place, lock everyone else out and chill. I know the others need a day off or to themselves" I look up at him and the exhaustion is evident on his face.

"I will set it up for tomorrow but right now your going to bed-" "no I'm not if I'm going to take tomorrow off I certainly can't-" I interrupt him yet again. I expected this reaction so I say "you can come in now please" the door opens and three people he didn't expect to see come through the it. He freezes for a moment then I slide off his lap and he stands and says "mom, dad, Reece! What are you doing here?"

The rush to him and immediately engulf him in their arms, he just crumbles in their embrace and it makes me happy to see it. I wish Ty could be here but he decided the overwhelming emotional moment could have triggered him and we weren't willing to risk ruining the lovely reunion. He will meet them later when everyone is calmer.