WILD

Heart shake, bend and break, but I can't turn away and it's driving me wild

< JACKSON >
09:38
     I woke up to an empty bed, and never had I felt lonelier. I don't know what it was about Mark, but something about him made my heart flutter, or actually shake and pound, whenever I was around him. Maybe it was his cute smile, or maybe it was how polite he was, I couldn't figure it out. But he was driving me crazy, insane, wild.

Sitting up I grabbed my phone and noticed the message from Mark.

From: Markiepoo x3, 07:34
Hey Jackson! Sorry for leaving without goodbye, but I needed to help Mrs. Martin this morning. Thank you so much for letting me stay, it was really sweet of you. Maybe we can do it again sometime. :)

To: Markiepoo  x3, 09:42
I'd like that. ;)

I felt my heart speeding up as a light blush flooded my cheeks and a love sick grin invaded my expression. Damnit Jackson! Pull it together! The kid is straight! He's gonna be freaked out now! I took a few deep breaths before I stood up, my expression wiped clean, and I made my way to the kitchen where my mother was making breakfast. I slid into a stool at the breakfast bar and watched as she gracefully made her way around the kitchen.

"Good morning Jackson, sleep well?" She asked with a wink.

"Actually, yeah. Better than usual. I guess it helps when you have a heater snuggled against you all night," I said in what sounded like a bored voice as I picked at my nails. My mother turned around and stared at me, waiting for me to elaborate.

"Honey, you should close your mouth before you swallow a fly," my dad said as he entered the kitchen. My mother quickly closed her mouth but refused to take her eyes off of me.

"So when were you planning on telling us you were dating someone? Hm?" I looked at my mother flabbergasted.

"We aren't dating mom. We're just friends," I defended.

"Mhm sure. Then why was he here last night curled into your side?"

"I- I, uh-"

"Exactly," my mother said in a smug tone.

"Honey, I don't think you've won. I think Jackson doesn't want to tell us why his friend was here last night." My mother glared at my father, daring him to continue. "Jackson, why was Mark here last night? That's his name right?" I nodded.

"Yeah, he's Mark Tuan, the super conservative pastor's son," I said, emphasizing the super conservative as my mother's expression fell slightly. "I- I was in a fight last night and a guy swung a bottle at me. He helped me get cleaned up," I said softly, lifting my left hand up and placing on the counter, it still being fully wrapped up. "They had Bam pinned to the wall and they were gonna kill him at the rate they were going, I had to stop them. Bam still went to the hospital he was so bad. I was planning on seeing him today if that's alright." My parents nodded and my mother slowly grabbed my hand and began removing the bandages. She carefully took off the ace and slid the gauze off, her eyes widening at the amount of cuts in my hand.

"And Mark knew what to do with this?" I shrugged.

"He seemed like he knew what he was doing. He knew what it felt like and everything." My mother looked at me concerned. "I dunno why. But he was hurt. He had a black eye and a lot of bruises. He was scared, too. Some woman called him, I think it was Mrs. Martin, and I couldn't make out exactly what she was saying, but he was pretty scared and talked about someone who was 'black out binging'. I dunno, I'm just worried." My parents looked at each other before they looked back at me.