Ultimate conversational skills

~Byakuya Togami~

You were walking down the school halls with millions of papers in your hands, for your teacher who had asked you to print some tests, and by walking, I mean running. You ran down the hall as fast as you could because you knew a certain someone is always out of class at the same time everyday, yes, Byakuya Togami would constantly get out of his fifth period class everyday and the same time. (Why you ask? I dunno! I don't stalk him!) You know this because you've run into him thousands of times before, they weren't all pleasant encounters but that was before today.

"And where are you running off too?" He asked with a rough voice

You mentally face palmed at the future conversation and decided to keep walking.

"Excuse me," He said as he grabbed your wrist, making all you papers fall to the ground "I was talking to you" He looked at you grumpily.

"O-Oww! S-Sorry! L-Let go...! Please..." You winced at his grip on your wrist, he lightly let go and looked at you apologetically.

"I'm sorry, now, what where you running for?" He asked.

"If it's really any of your business--"

"It is, that's why I asked" he cut you off

You sighed and continued "If it's really any of your business, I was running down the hall because my science teach asked me to bring him these tests for his next class... Looks like it'll take me a while to pick up all the scattered papers though" you sadly looked at all the papers on the ground.

He pushed his glasses back up and bent down, picking up some of the papers. You looked at him shocked, he returned your shocked expression with a cold glare.

"Are you just going to stand there? I'm helping you aren't I?" He continued picking up the papers.

You suddenly remembered something he said when you two first interacted for real.

"Someone like me shouldn't need to to do physical labour for a teacher, or anyone for that matter"

But... He's clearly doing work right now... For you, a regular person, he has nothing to gain from it... So why?

"Well?" His harsh voice snapped you out of your thoughts.

"Y-Yes! Sorry!" You quickly bent over to pick up some papers but being the klutz you are, you tripped over some papers and landed right on Byakuya.

"Ow..." You said as you had yet to realize what position you two were in.

"Arg...! This is what I get for helping someone..." He pushed you off and got up.

You were still quite hurt so you stood there on the ground, clutching your left wrist which hurt pretty badly thanks to the fall. Byakuya must've noticed because he reached his hand out to you and waited. You looked at him confused.

He sighed and said "A gentlemen can't just leave a girl on the ground, even if she is a plebeian" he looked away with a light dust of pink on his cheeks.

You mentally giggled and you took his hand. He pulled you up, getting you two quite close, he was still holding a small stack of papers that he had already collected.

"Oh... Umm, sorry for... Falling into you like that" You said holding your head down in shame.

"It's alright I guess, you seem to have taken more damage than I" he placed the small stack of papers on the ground and lightly took your wrist in his hand. "It seems like you might have fractured it, i'll take you to the nurse"

"B-But! I need to give these to my-"

"I'll tell your teacher what happened and he'll have no reason to keep you for detention, now, let's get moving" he held you gently by the hand and walked you to the nurse's office.