The Hints of a Storm

"Stop it right now!" Mia yelled, glaring at both of them.

The shock of the moment made Drake calm down, and his ender eye returned to normal.

"Mia?" Drake asked, his voice normal again. "How'd you get through the force field?"

"I don't know...." Mia thought. "I didn't even know there was a force field!" 

"Maybe it had something to do with this...." Mia pulled the moonstone with the chalice engraved in it out of her satchel.

"Maybe...." Drake muttered, seeming to be in his own world for a split second. "Maybe it has something do with the piece of me inside of it.... That's very interesting... I'll have to see if I can fix that..."

"Why do you need to fix that?" Grayson demanded. "Isn't that a good thing? That means we can visit you whenever!"

"Yes, but if someone steals it from you..." Drake muttered.

"Drake, nothing's after you! Everything's fine now!" Grayson yelled.

"No! Nothing's ever going to be fine!" Drake screeched back at him. "Never again!!!!"

Then, he stopped himself.

"What am I becoming?" He whispered, touching the ender side of his face. "I thought this was over!"

"Yeah...." Grayson agreed. "Once I saw that the glowing in your other eye had faded, I thought it was done. But it seems the corrupted half of Herobrine still seems to haunt you Drake, doesn't it?"

Grayson winced, as he knew he hit a sore spot.

Drake sighed, and let his head droop slightly.

"Just leave it, Grayson." He murmured. "I've known that for years now."

"I'm sorry Drake..." Grayson breathed, crouching next to his friend. "And, I'm truly sorry on my dragon's behalf, that I destroyed that potion. I know it meant a lot to you.... Maybe.... maybe it was for... the best?"

Drake snapped up. "No." He hissed. "No it-" But he stopped himself. "Maybe." He sighed. "But that doesn't stop me from wishing it still existed. That took multiple spells and costly ingredients that I wish I could have back."

"Well, now that we're reunited, we can split that time, and it will take 3 times as fast!" Mia exclaimed, trying to look on the bright side. "And, now..." But she stopped.

"Mia, are you okay?" Grayson asked, walking over to his elf friend.

"Yeah... it's just..." Mia choked. "You know how I said my sister is a traveler?"

"Yes..." Grayson trailed.

"Well.... I'm going to have to make a choice, soon, that's all." Mia murmured. "Can..." She nodded towards the exit. "Can we get out of here?"

"Of course, Mia." Drake said gently, leading her towards the open mouth of the cave.

Soon, the three friends, (and dragon) were walking through the forest, the sun reaching it's peak in the sky.

The dragon, who, usually would be perched near his owner, was now pacing around Drake, as if trying to keep him safe.

"Awww!" Grayson smiled. "I think Armen likes you!" Then he gained a more serious tone. "So, Mia, what was it you wanted to tell us?"

"It's just.... I already elaborated my sister likes to travel..." Mia started, her voice a raspy whisper. "And... Once our teammate is healed fully.... She's leaving. And, I know this sounds strange, but I have a dedication to this team, just like I do to you guys. And the time when she'll come back to these lands is.... undetermined."

"Ah..." Grayson's face fell. "I see."

"So... I'm going to have to decide... in the next... three days..." Mia whispered.

"Mia..." Drake piped up. "Don't make your decision based on what you think we'd want. This is your decision, your future, and.... if it comforts you.... Whatever decision you make... we'll be one hundred percent okay with it."

"Thanks... Drake." Mia gave him a watery smile. "It means a lot. It's just... I feel like we came so far in the past few days.... I'd hate to just throw it away..."

"It's okay." Drake silenced her. "Just... think it through, and, make the decision you think is best for you."

Mia wiped away her tears, and gave them a bigger smile. "I'm okay." She assured them, but sounded like she was reassuring herself more than the two friends.

"Now, let's focus on other things." She said, a bit forced, but the rest natural. "Like how... freaking.... CUTE... your dragon is!"

"I know..." Grayson murmured. "He's the light of my life."

"Yeah." Drake smiled, glancing down at the baby. "He is pretty-" And then, as he looked into the dragon's eyes, a searing pain erupted in his forehead.

"Agh!" He screamed, grabbing his head, and falling to the ground.

The dragon ran up to him anxiously, starting to nudge him, but as soon as the scaled made contact with the tormented friend, the pain was just worse.

"Make it stop!!!! Make it stop!!!!!" Drake screeched, rolling around, tears in his eyes.

The dragon leaped away quickly, a scared look in the little creature's eyes.

"Drake! Are you okay?!" Mia yelled, running forwards.

"I don't know." Drake whimpered, the pain fading. "I haven't felt that sort of headache... in.... ten years."

The mage attempted to get up, but fell back down again, wincing.

"Okay then." Grayson murmured. "Let's get you to my house. I'll see what types of healing potions I have there."

And that's what they did.

Okay, thanks for reading! I am definitely glad that that horrible week is out of the way! Now I can relax, sip on my water, eat some Swiss Chalet, and write some Haunted X3 I should be able to get a few more chapters out this weekend, so... yeah! Thanks again! ~Dream