Reunion

"N-no..." The Mage muttered, standing at the edge of the wall. "This isn't possible... Are you messing with me?" He glared accusingly at the man, pointing a finger in his direction.

The man stared at him sadly. "You mean you don't remember?"

"No, I remember." Drake gave him a stare mixed with sadness and anger. "I just don't know what to think about this."

"I know..." The man sighed. "I don't really know either."

"Just... Can you prove you're really... Really Grayson?" Drake pleaded.

"Uh... Yeah. I can, actually." The man smiled. "The last time we said goodbye was in a room with a green, pink, and turquoise portal each leading to a different place. Your last gift to me was a emerald splashed with obsidian with an egg carved on it. We had an elf friend named Mia with us. You were the one who blessed us with good travels and entered the portal at the same time as us. You gave Mia a moonstone engraved with a chalice, and she gave you her chalice. I  gave you that amulet from my collection of magical artifacts!" He stated, pointed at the gem strung around Drake's neck.

Drake glanced down at the amulet. "That's... That's all true." He admitted. "But do you have physical proof? You might have found this all out some other way, even if it is unlikely."

"How would I have-" The man started in frustration, then stopped. "Fine." He said. "Come with me and I'll show you."

"Uh.... okay..." Drake responded uncertainly, and started to follow the man out of the market.

And as they left, an elf carrying a syringe and a bottle of medicine stood for a moment, gaping, before sneaking after them, making sure to keep out of sight.

*********

"So..." The blonde man said awkwardly. "This is my house..." He waved a hand at the cabin.

"Nice." Drake nodded coolly. 

"Just wait here." The man nodded at him, then quickly rushed indoors, secretly glad to be away from all the awkwardness.

As Drake waited outside, he reflected on the past few minutes.

I must have sounded so rude. He winced. I'm sure it's him... I know it's him in my heart.... and I'm so happy... But so many people have tried to toy with my emotions over the past few years... I don't want this to be another false hope... I don't think my heart can take any more.

He sighed, and pulled the cloak tighter over his head.

This is such a wonderful gift... He thought, looking down at the amulet. It must have taken such an effort to forge such a beautiful jewel...

"Okay!" The man panted, stepping out again, with a few objects.

"Recognize this?" He asked triumphantly, shoving an emerald into Drake's arms, startling him out of his train of thought.

Drake glanced down at the jewel, recognizing the intricate design immediately. But before he could speak, the man shoved another item into his arms, this time a medallion.

"This is Mia's!" He proclaimed, his smile faltering for a split second, before resuming it's earlier state.

The elf in the bushes nearby let out a shaky breath, a tear welling up in her left eye.

"But oh, wait... let me guess. You stole them from him!" The man imitated Drake with his fingers. "Well wait until you see this! Come here boy!" He called behind him.

Suddenly, to Drake's utter disbelief, a small scaly creature bounded towards the door, flapping it's short stubbly wings as it went. It's eyes... they looked so familiar... like....

"Armen! Good boy!" The man smiled, as the dragon baby leaped up onto his shoulder.

"Armen?!" Drake gasped.

"Oh, no, don't assume anything!" The now discovered Grayson waved his hands out front in anxiety. "I... I just named him that.... because.... he looked that way and-"

"No.." Drake halted him. "Look closely.... you can still see it... in his eyes."

"Drake, it's just a baby dragon! Stop getting your hopes up! Armen's not coming back!" Grayson yelled, grabbing Drake by the shoulders.

"But... But..." Drake stuttered.

"No buts, Drake." Grayson looked at him, eyes cold. "If there's one thing I know after all these years, it's once something's gone, it's not coming back, no matter how much you wish it does. Now leave it alone."

Drake sighed, knowing his friend was right. "Okay..." He mumbled.

He then glanced back at the blonde man. "So it... really is you..." He whispered, staring into his old friend's green eyes. "After all these years..."

Grayson smiled, tears starting to show in his eyes. "All these past ten years... so much has happened. I thought I would die before I saw you again..."

"Please... don't say that." Drake shuddered. "We still have a long time left..."

"Well, that's the issue." Grayson's eyes darkened. "In this world.... you never know..."

"Grayson... Herobrine is gone now. We beat him back there, in the Magical Library.... he's gone." Drake reassured him, but secretly, deep down, he was still haunted by the memories of that dark day.

"I know..." Grayson sighed... then shook his head. "But let's not dwell on that." He smiled. 

"Yeah." Drake agreed. "But..."

"But what Drake?" Grayson asked."

"If... if only.... if only Mia were here."

"She is." A high voice issued from the bushes, as the female elf made her way into the clearing.