Encounter With the Past

Advance warning; This is a SHORT chapter! I just wanted to get this part out of the way! Also warning; may experience a bit of feels.

Grayson sat on the edge of his bedside.

It was the time he was supposed to meet Drake, but he neglected going.

I can't face him... He thought. Not yet.

He glanced over at Armen, sleeping peacefully.

Maybe Drake was right.... There is something different about you....

He sighed and got up.

He picked up the dragon, and took the now slightly awake dragon over to the couch.

"Do you know who Armen is?" He whispered to the tiny creature.

The dragon simply yawned, and turned over.

It's so incredible that something so innocent can still exist in this world.... Grayson's mouth twitched into a smile.

"That's why it's my duty to protect you." He murmured. "You might be the last of your kind. Once you're gone, there may be no dragons left. That's why I must make sure you keep your pure spirit.... In life... and death..."

The dragon gave him a clear gaze, filled with wisdom beyond his years.

And Grayson, instead of flinching, or considering it, smiled back.

The rest of the day passed in a blurr, most of it being spent with his little dragon.

And before they knew it, the sun was setting, and it was time to go home.

"I love you, little guy...." Grayson murmured.

****************************************

Drake sighed, covering his hands with his face as he sat at his bedside.

"It's all my fault, isn't it?" He whispered to no one. "Grayson's anguish... Armen's death... Mia's departure.... Everything."

"No, it isn't" A voice stated from the entrance.

Drake whipped around, expecting to see Grayson, but instead, an enderman stared back.

Drake gasped, and scootched backwards a bit, holding his hands up in defense.

The enderman sighed.

"Would it be preferable if I took a different form?" The enderman inquired, before vanishing, a man in his fifties now standing where the enderman had previously stood.

"Um..." Drake stuttered, still on guard. "Who are you? How'd you get through my shield?"

"It's pretty simple once you master certain magics." The man shrugged. "You should probably upgrade that shield."

"You still haven't answered my first question. Who are you?" Drake repeated.

"My name is Eriol, second in command of the endermen. But that probably doesn't matter to you that much. What may or may not matter, is that I know your father."

And Drake was certainly listening.

Alright, this was just a short chapter to get something out of the way..... X3 And because I don't know when I might update again... I don't know what this next week has to hold, and I may only have time for A Very Haunted Christmas updates... or maybe I will have time. We'll see! Bai! ~Dream