The Conflict

"Wow! This is a pretty nice place!" Grayson exclaimed, walking around.

"Yeah..." Drake attempted at a smile. "I've... been making a few renovations, like making the waterfall more accessible..."

"Well, you seem to be faring pretty well!" Grayson smiled, turning back around to face Drake. "I can't believe you've been here all this time!"

"Well, I cast a sort of veil around the area, that works most of the time... It's supposed to dispel your will to come any closer than just a glimpse of the area. Which brings me to another question..." Drake stared at Grayson closely. "How did you find your way here? I need to know, just in case I did anything wrong."

"Oh, I didn't find my way out here alone." Grayson waved his hand. "Armen here helped me. You probably have a very strong magical scent, Drake. You have been practicing magic for at least ten years now. This little guys here.." He paused to pat the dragon affectionately. "Could probably sense you from a mile away."

"Yeah, I should probably work on covering up a bit more..." Drake sighed. "Well, at least it was you and not the Empire that got the egg in the end. Otherwise I might as well have a flashing neon sign over my head."

"Yeah.... the Empire..." Grayson trailed off. 

"Oh, sorry." Drake muttered. "I guess.. I thought..."

"Oh no, it's perfectly okay." Grayson smiled. "I know, you probably expected me to have gotten over... what happened.... by now."

"No!" Drake exclaimed. "That's not what I meant at all!"

Then he grew silent.

"Let's.... just move on." He then muttered.

"Okay." Grayson agreed.

"So... what's this?" He asked, pointing to a boiling pot.

"Oh! That's nothing!" Drake said, a little top quick. He cursed under his breath.

"Drake...." Grayson said, turning back around. "What is it? What are you doing?"

"It's nothing Grayson!" Drake insisted. "Just another potion I've been working on."

"Drake, is there something you're hiding from me?"

"No!"

"Are you sure? You look a little pale..."

"I'm fine, Grayson, really." Drake growled.

"Fine..." Grayson sighed, walking away.

"And could you please pick up your dragon?" Drake asked coldly. "He's getting a little too close to all my items for my liking."

"Yeah...." Grayson said, a little startled by Drake's abrupt tone. "Sure. Come here, Armen."

But just as he was about to pick up the dragon, Armen dashed away.

"Armen!" Grayson yelled, as the dragon leaped up onto the table.

What Grayson hadn't noticed, was that as soon as Drake had mentioned the concoction, the little dragon had noticed exactly what potion it was, and what it was for. And the creature knew he had to stop Drake from drinking it at all costs.

"Armen, you get down from there!" Grayson warned.

The dragon glanced at his owner for a second, then promptly spilled the contents of the potion all over the stone floor.

"Armen! Bad boy!" Grayson yelled, as the dragon leaped down, and dove into his arms.

"My... My...." Drake stared at the spilled contents. "My potion! Look what your dragon has done to it!" He screeched, glaring at Grayson.

"Why does it matter?" Grayson yelled, defending Armen. "He's just a baby, Drake! What do you expect?"

"I expected you to take care of him around my stuff!"

"It's just another potion Drake! You can make another one!"

"You don't understand Grayson! That potion is special! That potion is what's going to help me figure out more about Collin!"

And then he slapped a hand over his mouth.

"Wait... What?" Grayson asked, holding the baby dragon closer. "What did you say?"

Drake heaved a sigh, and glanced away.

"That potion that your dragon just dumped all over the floor..." He growled, his ender eye flaring dangerously. "Was a potion I was going to use, to regain my memory... and figure out... my past Grayson."

Grayson stared at his friend, scared by his sudden change in attitude.

"Drake, I don't know if that's safe...." He warned his friend. "What happens if it backfires?"

"It won't Grayson, I've spent years in research! Which reminds me..... Your little friend here just spoiled YEARS of my time and effort! YEARS of work! I'm going to have to start all over again!" Drake yelled.

"Drake it's not his fault!" Grayson yelled. "How could you be like this?!"

"How could I be like this?! How could YOU be like this Grayson?!" Drake screeched, his ender eyes flashing even brighter, surpassing purple and turning a slight red. "This was so much effort to make! Now it's gone! You don't realize how much this means to me!!!!!!"

"What was that Drake?" Grayson whimpered. 

"I don't know!" Drake continued to yell. "Maybe you shouldn't be considering that and be considering what your dragon has just done!"

And that's when the elf broke through the force field and yelled....

"STOP!!!!!!"

And that was the next part! Sorry for the cliffhanger... I know... I am truly evil.... But I think that two chapters is pretty good for one night! Maybe three... Probably not... I'm probably just messing with you.... :3 But anyways, as always, thanks for reading! ~Dream