14. Skittles

(Harlie's POV)

"I'll lead you to your room," the lady says to me.

I follow even though I don't trust her. I need to try for Sky at least. Yet at the same time I need to stay alive. To think not long ago I was just going to the library and now I'm in this mess.

"You know a lot of people in this world hate you," she states.

"I know," I mutter.

"Well you should know you are safe here," she smiles at me.

I don't respond. Suddenly a man rushes up to us from behind. She turns to him and gives him a questioning look.

"Rose says there is a possible follower of Alexander near the door," he exclaims.

"I'll deal with it, you take Harlie to her room," the lady orders.

The man starts walking and I follow knowing I have to. Then he turns to me with an angry sort of look.

"Harlie, you should know you take one step out of line and I will kill you," he tells me.

--------------------------------------------Time skip

Sky walks into my room.

"I think it's safe to stay here, I mean, Carol obviously doesn't want to kill us, what do you think?" she asks me.

"I don't trust them, I want to leave. How about we just go get the rest of the spell," I disagree.

"Come on Harlie I like it here," she complains.

"Well I'm leaving," I state.

"Please don't Harlie," she begs me.

"You can come but either way I'm leaving," I stay with my plan.

"Well I don't think they'll let you leave anyway," she tells me.

"We'll see," I state.