Chapter 2

Silence, all I heard was pure silence with the calming sounds of the soft breeze blowing against the tree leaves and the flowing sounds of the nearby river. My bed felt cold and hard, slowly opening my eyes to find myself laying upon the cold grounded earth surrounded by endless of trees; looking up to the sky the full moon starts to rise to its peak shining its beautiful yet alluring beam upon my body.

It felt soothing and peaceful. Breathing in the cool fresh air bringing cold chills to my lungs as small bumps starts to rise upon my skin. I could almost taste the the woodsy nature of my surroundings.

How did I end up here? I do not know. But instead of worrying I felt quite calm.

I laid there staring at the beautiful full moon and enjoying the soft melody called nature.

Before my eyes the moon slowly starts to change transitioning into a deep red color. I was awestruck, in a trance-like state; almost like deja-vu I feel like I have been here before, as if I have a sense of belonging and familiarity; home. As the moon becomes a deeper shade of red resembling blood, soft murmurs of incoherent incantations from afar started to consume me.

The hairs on the back of my neck slowly start to creep up, at the corners of my eyes I sense something is hidden amongst the deep shadows observing me. I could't help but get this terrifying thought that it is waiting for something or someone.

My heart started to race as it drummed hard against my chest as if begging to be set free. I tried to get up and move but I couldn't; the more I attempted and struggled to move the faster my heart began to beat against my chest.

'Help' I tried to scream out but no words were able to form; I felt paralyzed. My adrenaline started to pick up; I began to panic as my lungs felt constricted of air.

The chanting grew louder and louder, my body started to heat up as if I am on fire.

Something started to glow as the chanting grew more aggressive, I heard a spine tingling animalistic sound.

I was beyond terrified, I struggled to use all of my strength that I had in me to scream and break free.

1....2.....

*Gasps*

I woke up with a cold sweat, taking a much needed deep breath as I looked around to find myself safely in bed.

I took a deep sigh of relief.

It was just a dream... a bad dream I repeated to myself.

Brayden came barging into my room

"What happened? I heard you screaming like a banshee scared the sexy out of me."

I gave him an incredulous look

"It's nothing just a bad dream."

Brayden sat on my bed and made himself comfortable, uh excuse me when did I invite you?

"My mom says dinner will be ready in 30 minutes."

At the sound of food I quickly sat up and stretched out my muscles feeling extremely good as my back pops.... satisfaction indeed.

*Yawns* I opened my mouth and did a much needed yawn until... *Pssssss*

*Cough Cough* I was choking

Brayden sprayed god knows what into my mouth but it tasted spicy... no-no it's cold on my tongue...

"What the hell was that are you trying to kill me already?"

"It's a breath mint spray I keep in handy for my extreme make out sessions and your breath was death! I was saving you and myself from being suffocated to death by that stench. Don't talk too much or you'll create a bad breath bomb in here and I am going to have to come back and exorcise this room." He laughed