Chapter 8 : I'm okay...

YOUR POV

I sit up and flinch, due to the pain in my knee. It wasn't as bad as before, but it stung. Like someone had put alcohol on it. I look down at my knee to see that it is bandaged.

Suddenly, I remember what I am doing here. What had happened. I had passed out...

I look around to find myself in the nurse's office. No one in sight. I stand, ignoring the pain from my knee, I walk out of the door. Looking at a clock, I know that I am late for class.

Shoot...

I jog / limp to my class, then open the door silently, trying not to be noticed. I slide into my seat while the teacher's back is turned. As she turns to the class, she sees me.

"(Y/N)? When did you get here?" She asks, raising a brow.

"Hm? I-I've been here..." I lie, and she seems to believe me, because she shrugs, then turns back to the board.

I look over at the twins. Well, twin. Kaoru... Isn't here?

I frown. Where could he be?

---

Class ends, and I was the first to leave the room. I make my way to the host club, opening the door. "Kaoru...?" I ask in a quiet voice.

"What are you doing here? The host club is canceled today," Kyoya states, making me jump. "S-sorry!"

"Looking for Kaoru? I haven't seen him since you passed out. He seemed upset," He looks at me, and even though he was trying hard to hide it, I could see the emotions in his eyes. The worry, the sadness. "I'll go find him," I say, turning to leave.

"Be more careful. Your knee was infected, you know? And I can see that it is hurting you right now. Stop acting as if you're okay. Stop pushing yourself."

I turn around once again, and stare at him.

We stand, staring at eachother for a long time, before I turn to the door and walking out as silently as I had entered. 

---

I had searched the who school with no sign of Kaoru. Could he have went home? I have a feeling that he is here..

I shake my head, opening the door to the outside. The sun was bright, so I squinted my eyes. Once my eyes adjust, I see a figure lying in the grass."Are you alright?" I call over. He doesn't move. 

I make my way over to the figure and see that it is the one that I was looking for. Kaoru. Asleep in the grass next to the school.

I sigh, shaking my head, a smile tugging at my lips. I lay down next to him, and hold onto his hand. 

"I'm sorry for worrying you... Don't worry, Kaoru... I'm okay," I whisper to the sleeping male, then doze off.

---  

KAORU'S POV.

My eyes open slowly, and I find myself on the ground, outside of the school. Something warm and comforting is in my hand, and I look over to see (Y/N) laying next to me, facing me, her hand in mine, her eyes closed, and a smile gracing her lips. 

"I'm sorry for worrying you... Don't worry, Kaoru... I'm okay..." 

I smile, my hand tightening around hers. I notice that she drifted to sleep, and I chuckle, looking at the watch that was on my arm. 

School ended three hours ago. Was she looking for me all that time? I sit up, then lift her pant leg and look down at her bandaged knee. It wasn't as swollen as it was before, so that was a plus. I put her pant leg back down, then lay down next to her once again, wrapping my arm around her. A cool breeze blew, and the grass rustled, along with our hair. (Y/N)'s mouth was slightly agape, and well, she just looked perfect. I stared over at her with a smile before falling back to sleep.

---

I woke up to find (Y/N) next to me still, but her eyes were opened.  Her beautiful (E/C) eyes... 

"Awake?" She asks with a giggle. "O-oh, yeah. Sorry," I stammer, removing my arm from around her.

"It's fine," she says as she sits up. "I liked laying with you."

My cheeks flush a bright red. "Th-thanks... So did I."

She smiles brightly, and I stand up, then take her hand and pull her up as well. She flinches, which worried me. 

"Knee hurting you?"

"Yeah, but I'm okay."

I let out a sigh. "Alright," I say.

"Hey, Kaoru, I'm going to go home. I'll see you tomorrow, Alright?" She says.

"I'll walk you," I offer, a bit too quickly. 

"Alright, thank you, Kaoru!" She exclaims. 

And so, we begin our walk together.

"She's okay..."