Chapter 7 - It was all my fault!

I walk in through the doors and into the host club. My knee has been bothering me, but I have been ignoring it. I had woken up last night in my bed, with my knee wrapped. It was probably Kaoru...

"Nyaa~" I yawn, and I hear a chuckle. I turn around to see the twins. "That yawn was adorable," Hikaru says, and I blush, "Th-thank you..."

"How is your knee?" Kaoru asks, snatching my attention. "It's fine. Thank you for wrapping it up, by the way... And putting me in bed..." I mumble my thanks, fiddling with the hem  of my jacket. Kaoru pats my head with a smile, "Any time."

---

I sit on one of the fluffy couches in the host club, my usual sitting next to me. Nala.

Even though she was talking, I couldn't hear a word she was saying. All I could think of was Kaoru.

"Any time... Any time... Any time..."

His words echoed through my head. I tried to shake off the echoing thoughts, but failed.

"Is something wrong?" Nala rips me away from my thoughts my grabbing my arm and squishing it against her breast.  I blush, "N-no! Sorry, N-nothing w-wrong." I say, a stuttering, blushing, mess. 

She grins, then pecks my cheek, which causes me to blush more.I hear someone clear their throat and I look back to see Kaoru.

"Ka-Kaoru! Wh-why are you not with your guests...?" I ask, and he frowns. 

"I just thought I would come over to see how you were doing. Looks like you're doing just fine.." He says, his voice dripping vinome. I flinch at his tone. "I-..." I turn to Nala, "Excuse me..."

I stand, then make a wild dash out of the room, tears stinging my eyes. Once I close the grand doors that lead to the Host club, my knee began to burn. It hurt so much, I sunk down next to the wall. My whole world was spinning. 

I grip my head. I was seeing splotches, and I didn't know why. Tears fall freely from my eyes, not just because of the pain in my knee, but also because of the pain in my heart. Kaoru was mad at me for some unknown reason. I was just doing my job! Hosting the girl, making her happy! That is the whole point of the host club, isn't it? I remembered back to the many times that Tamaki had went on and on about that very thing in the short amount of time that I had been in the host club. Every day I had heard it at least three times! So why was Kaoru mad...?

"(Y/N), Your wound. It opened up again..." I look up to see Kaoru standing there, worry etched into his perfect face. I stand, turning away and using the wall for support as I begin to limp away from him. I don't get very far, however, due to my world going black. 

KAORU'S POV.

I had been a bit too hard on her... I was jealous because that Nala had been hanging all over her. But (Y/N) was just doing her job. Being a hostess. 

When (Y/N) ran out of the room, I followed her. And now here I stand, next to the weeping girl. Her knee's wound had opened up, and now the blood was seeping through her pants, and running down her leg.

"(Y/N), Your wound. It opened up again..." I tell her, and she looks up at me. She then stands, leaning against the wall as if it is hard to stand. I was about to tell her to sit back down when she fell. I caught her, then looked down at her to see that she had not just fell, but had fell unconscious. Worried is an understatement for how I am feeling. 

"Hikaru! Kyoya! Tamaki! Haruhi! It's (Y/N)! Something is wrong with her!" I scream, tears filling my eyes.

What happened? Is she okay? Did I do this...?

I fight back the tears as the whole host club, along with Nala, rushes out of the host club. 

Nala covers her mouth, looking at (Y/N) in shock. "W-will she be okay?" She asks, worry filling her shaky voice. It got me mad. How much she cared for (Y/N). 

What if she steals her from me? 

But wouldn't I need to have her before she can be stolen?

I pick (Y/N) up, ignoring Nala's question. I walk over to Kyoya. "What is wrong with her?" I ask.

"Take her to the Nurse's office," He orders, and I run down the hall with (Y/N) in my arms. 

---

I lay (Y/N) down on the nurse's table, remembering what she had said to me. 

"You're my nurse..."

I grit my teeth, clenching my fists close to my sides. 

Kyoya walks in, then looks back. "Everyone stay outside. Don't crowd me,"

He closes the door, then looks over at me. "Roll up her pant leg,"

I do as told, then look back over at Kyoya.

"Remove that bandage,"

I take off the bandage, then frown. Her knee looked horrible..

"Just as I thought. Did you put anything on her knee last night?" He looks over at me, then raises a brow.

"All she did was dab it with water. When she fell asleep, I wrapped it. That's all."

"It's infected.." he breathes out, then points to the door. "I'll handle this. Just go,"

My frown grows as I walk out of the door. 

It's all my fault... If I had put something on her knee! If I had... But I didn't...

"Is she okay?" Nala jumps at me, full of concern. 

"Her knee is infected..." I say, looking down at my shoes.

It's all my fault...

"Kaoru..." Hikaru breathes out, looking at me with worry filled eyes. I shake my head, then walk away from the group.

"Hey, where are you going?" Nala asks, narrowing her brown eyes at me.

"None of your business," I snap, making her flinch. I walk down the hall and out of the doors, then I sit out in the front lawn of the school.

"It's all my fault..."