"Yeah I remember.."

"Fun times."

"Sorta."

"Ok not with all the constant fighting between mom and dad but fun between us when we went away from the house."

"Yeah."

Shay bumped his shoulder against his brother's arm and he smiled "What's wrong kid?"

"I kinda miss them... You know right before you all left was the last time I have actually seen dad. He never answered any of my calls or my letters, and the one time he did actually answer he told me I couldn't come for the summer... We're probably going to die here and I'm never gonna get the chance to give him a piece of my mind."

Shay chuckled and he pushed his brother a bit "Don't worry I gave him a piece of mind for ya.. Dude I was so pissed when he told me you weren't coming I made this long list of things for us to do and he changed our plans."

"Did you really? Hey now is this the year you repeated Senior year?"

"Shut up."

"Are you stupid?" Vega laughed.

"Nah I'm not stupid I just didn't want to get drafted." Shay told her.

"Drafted?" this seemed to spark her interest and she scooted closer to them.

"My dad drunk signed me up for the Military and if you're in school you can't go but somehow as soon as you're down with school you get drafted so I kept failing and each year I got my ass beat for failing and not going."

"He was the oldest high school student at his school for what 2 or 3 years" Dan said.

"It was gonna be 3 but we decided to go on the cruise.. Oh this trip saved me from an ass whopping."

"Thanks mother nature."

"Right." Shay laughed.

"Do you boys know any Christmas songs?" Katie asked changing the subject.

"What kind of question is that I'm pretty sure we all know Christmas songs?" Shay said.

"No I meant do you know the chords of any?"

"Nope." Shay said.

"I do." Dan told her.

"Do you happen to know Silent Night?" Vega asked.

"Um hey." Katie said.

"Hello."

"I was trying to get him to play my favorite Christmas song."

"Girl fight." Shay coughed. "And not over my brother please."

"Ew for one." Katie said. "And two I wouldn't fight with Vega."

"One what's with everyone calling me ew? and two I'm like 1,000 percent sure Vega would kick your ass." Dan told her. "So Vega you want to hear Silent Night?"

"Yeah if you know it." she told him.

"I know it." he fingers strummed the chords to Silent Night as it was second nature the sounds just came so naturally from him and he started singing
"Silent Night
holy night
all is calm all is bright"

With every verse he sang made me want to laugh at how Vega was reacting to it. The light was dark and she thought she was getting away with the way she bit her lower lip and the way she fanned herself. I could see Shay smiling slightly and he started singing "Round yon virgin Mother and Child." as he sang she instantly stopped what she was doing and Shay fell back laughing and Dan looked at him in a confused like manner.