Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen

Cheryl's heart broke as she watched Kimberley climb into the light blue taxi. She had tried everything in her power to get Kimberley to speak to her . . . calls, text messages, even a letter, but nothing had worked.

Her mum had tried to talk her into going out to see the girl off, but she couldn't physically do it. Instead she made up a story about her not feeling well, and how Kimberley had came over when she was out to say her fairwells.

Rolling down her window to let some air in, Kimberley looked up at the bedroom window at the front of Cheryl's house, noticing the Geordie standing there, and by the looks of it she was crying. Kimberley held back her own tears, her heart also breaking. She was leaving the only person she had ever loved, and to make matters worse . . . they weren't even talking, but she was powerless to move, she was powerless to go and see her. As the car started moving, she looked away, the pain becoming to much to bear.

Cheryl stood, watching the car until it disappeared completely out of sight. Once gone she bowed her head . . .  tears streaming down her face as they had done so many time over the past days.

" You loved her . . . didn't you ?"

Cheryl turned to face her sister. There was no point lying. She knew her sister could read her like a book. " Aye." she wept, her sobs growing heavier.

Immediately Gillian rushed over, wrapping her arms around the girl.

Cheryl shut her eyes, the pain unbearable. " I should of told her I did !" she said while taking hold of the small locket that was hanging around her neck, and holding it tightly.