Goat

I don't remember ever climbing into bed next to him. Maybe I was stuck in my thoughts as I drifted into a semi-peaceful sleep. All i remember is waking up to the scent of fresh green tea next to my bed and the sweet smell of a homemade breakfast drifting from the kitchen.

I didn't even have time to sip my tea because my brain was focused on the movement coming from the kitchen. Slipping into my slippers was a challenge as I navigated my way out of the blankets I had wrapped myself in. I scurried down to the kitchen where my nose met its maker.

Jong Suk stood in a crisp pair of sweatpants and a white shirt. Despite my overwhelming distrust in that man, i let myself fall into a deep trace at the beautiful sight. The floor slightly squeaked which gave away my presence.

"Goodmorning" Jong Suk sounded cheering. It was a very foreign sound to me.

"Yeah uh...you too" I managed to give him the best smile I could muster. "Breakfast will be ready in a minute. You can go set up the table for us." He said with his back still turned to me. I nodded and grabbed our utensils and napkins to quickly set the glass table. I hadn't noticed the table since I had been there. It was glimmering in morning light right next to a very large window. It looked fancier than any other glass table that I had seen before (which sounded weird...).

I sat quietly and waited as Jong Suk brought me a large plate of Bacon, Pancakes, and a sunny-side-up egg. "American style" Jong Suk gave me a small smile and sat across from me at the table. He had made himself the same thing, plus a small cup if tea.

"Cheers" he suddenly offered his cup in the air. I stared at him in confusion. "Oh come on, just humor me" he teased. I tapped my cup against his. "Cheers to trying." He smiled.

We had decided the night before to try to get along as husband and wife from that point on. I hadn't expected the change in atmosphere to occur so suddenly. I took it with a smile though.

"Jong Suk" I began, "what do you want to do today?"

He was taken aback by my friendly tone. It was the first time he had heard it.

"Oh umm..." He froze then turned to check his phone. He scrolled through something then turned to me with an sheepish smile. "I didn't plan anything. The only thing i thought about was cooking"

"We don't have to do anything today. We don't have to start trying so suddenly." I said.

"No no" he stopped me, "We said we would try and I refuse to go back on my word. We will try no matter what."

"What is up with the sudden change in personality?" I asked. It came across in a rude tone which i quickly apologized before.

"Don't worry. I'm actually pretty nice." He said. The light in his face dimmed a little.

"How about....we go to the zoo? Couples usually do zoo dates." I suggested. I saw something flash in his eyes but it was too quick to decipher.

"Sure" he smiled warmly.

***

We changed into our zoo date clothes as soon as breakfast had ended. Jong Suk pre ordered the tickets online and printed them while I got ready. I put on a mid-thigh length white dress that had long lacy sleeves. I paired that with tan sandals and a jean jacket. I studied myself in the mirror.

Compared to Jong Suk, I was a simple person. Despite my status, I didn't feel as wealthy as him. He was the rich guy every girl and her mother wanted as a husband. I couldn't tell if I was lucky to be with him yet.

When I ran to the door meet Jong Suk, who was holding my baby blue bag, I giggled at the sight of him. Somehow we had managed to wear very similar styles. He wore a white Long sleeve with ripped jeans and tan shoes. He too wore a jean jacket.