The Wedding and the Realization

For once I felt my mother had done something good for me. The arranged marriage seemed like an idea i could go with now. My soon to be husband was handsome, kind, and of course rich. three pluses. He was a man only the luckiest girls ever got. He was the perfect man.

Well, at least I thought he was.

***
"Hurry!" Hwasa yelled to the driver my mom hired for us to take us to the wedding ceremony. We had been running late due to the fact my mother has a horrible taste in stylists. She picked the slowest working stylist i'd ever met. To be fair, i looked beautiful and so did Hwasa. We had gotten a perfect wedding makeover.

The driver complained quietly to himself as he drove as fast as he could. When we arrive at the wedding hall, Hwasa and I nearly leaped from the car and onto the Seoul streets.

As we ran to the ceremony, my long white dress flowed behind me in a water fall of white wisps. My shoes clacked loudly in the ground.

My mother put on her fake smile when we finally arrived at the wedding hall. My hair had become slightly messy from my run to the hall and a slight sweat gleam was visible on my forehead and chin.

"Aish" my mother hissed when we finally entered a private bride's room. "You are a mess. You can't even do a wedding right" she scolded with her brows furrowed. I had hoped she wouldn't even attend this wedding despite it being her and my father's little business deal. My groom and I were pawns set to become owners of our parent's businesses. That was the parents' battle plans.

Quickly another woman touched up my makeup and hair. As she tucked the last strands into my bun. Then I heard the wedding hymn begin. Hwasa dashed pass me so she could go to the ceremony to find her seat before I entered.

"Honey" my father's naturally charismatic voice boomed from behind me. He sounded like deep thunder. "Shall we" he smiled wide and extended his arm. Unlike my mother, my father's smile looked genuine no matter his mood. He overflowed with charisma.

I nodded and curled my arm to rest in his. Slowly we positioned ourselves at the beginning of the red carpeted isle. The doors opened slowly for dramatic effect. On the other side, relatives and paparazzi joined in the rows of chairs to experience this "marriage of the century".

I glanced quickly at my groom. It really was Lee Jong Suk. The rich and handsome Lee Jong Suk. His smile brightened the room when his eyes began to trail up and down my body. He was studying my appearance with kind, tactical eyes. My father noticed his stares and shot him a judgmental look as if to say "eyes off until later".

"Hi" I whispered shyly to Jong Suk. He didn't respond. He simply stared quietly with loving eyes. He appeared to be looking into my eyes from everyone else's view but to me, his stares were not directed towards me. His eyes looked at nothing, as if he was looking at the empty space right next to my head. I suppressed my confusion and instead listened to the priest.

"Do you, Lee Jong Suk, take Minah as your bride..."

Jong Suk nodded. His expression shifting from kind, loving eyes to annoyance. He only flashed the annoyance at me.

I couldn't express how startled I was by this man. My groom was handsome but his glare was piercing. Why was he glaring??

"Um...Minah?" The priest paused, waiting for me response.

"Ohh yes?" I replied

"Do you?  Do you take him as your husband?"

I nodded quickly, "oh uh... Y-yes. I do" I stuttered. My gaze fell to my feet.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Warm hands cupped the sides of my face and pulled me up to face him. The grip was not delicate despite it's delicate appearance. Jong Suk stared deep into my eyes as he leaned in for a kiss. Seconds before our lips touched I felt his thumb slide over my lips in an attempt to shield them from his own. His thumb created a barrier as we "kissed".

I pulled away, uncertain of this man I now called my husband. He looked kind but something was off about him. He wasn't the pure, kind man I had met on the streets.

***

After the wedding had finally come to a close, I went straight to a separate room that had been laid out for the new couple. It was like a lounge for us to relax until our car arrived. I was shaken up from the look in Jong Suk's eyes. Had I met a lie before? Or was that a totally different person? It had to be a different person. The difference in their eyes was too drastic.

"Ma'am?" A familiar man came in. I had seen him on the streets and on the news with Jong Suk. Kim Soo Hyun. "Are you ok?" His kindness was pure. I could tell immediately.

I nodded. I could feel the tears filling up my heavily makeup covered eyes.

"That is a lie. I am here to help you ma'am. Now that you are my boss's wife, I must take care of you too. You aren't alone here."

"Don't take care of me unless you want to. I'm not your boss."

"Well technically you are" Soo Hyun laughed. His smiled crinkled his eyes and brightened his face. He was an angel there to help me. "Don't worry," He sat next to me and placed his gloved hand on my head. He patted my head slightly, making sure not to mess up the arrangement it was in. "I'm helping you by choice. I assume you understand you predicament now?"

I nodded.

"That is why I am here. I'm going to help you through this. I know everything about Jong Suk. I'll tell you everything you need to know."

My eyes fell deep into his for a moment. I was entrances by the curves of his eyes and thickness of his lashes.

The door busted open then. Jong Suk stood impatiently on the other side of the door frame. His brows were furrowed and he was obviously less than happy to see me.

"We are riding in separate cars. Secretary Kim, you will ride with me."

"Actually sir..." Soo Hyun interrupted, "I'll be riding with Miss Minah. Your father has requested I look after her for a while to help her adjust."

Jong Suk glared at me intensely. I shivered under his intense glare.

"fine" he mumbled. He stomped out of the room and down the hall.

"Thank you" I whispered. I looked so frail now that the fear had completely set in.

"No problem. You are my priority now" Soo Hyun held out his hand for me. I took it without hesitation.

// The gif has literally nothing to do with this chapter but omg he is so cute!! look at his face! How can you not love that//