Chapter 4:school mayhem :{

* DO DO DO* i jumped up out of my senses. " Phewf!" i say before realising where i am exactly.

" damn!" I say irritated. I had dozed off onto my table. And now i was late for school! Great! Just what i need to start the day! I run into the bathroom, washing my face vicously. I pinch a bread from the toaster and pecks dad's cheek before running out, completely abandoning my toast. After a long run, i don't wait to catch my breath instead i shout breathlessly " Jasmine Montez, 11RDO!" The receptionist frowns at me before typing something in the computer. 

i catch my breath and look around the reception. It is painted red and has a smal couch with a green plant in the corner." Jasmine Montez, you are wanted in the office!" A half hearted voice says. I turn around to face a small lady wearing a pink pencil skirt and blouse, who has a bit too much red lipstick on which just doesn't suit her.

“ I’m here” I say, before she makes people stare. I walk awkwardly out of the reception following the lady. I wonder what I have done? Im new, okay, good so far- nothing. I have done nothing.I enter a glossy wooden door. Inside it is all clean and clear. In the middle of the room there is a black desk and an office chair. Slowly the chair spins around to show a vivacious small lady, in her late thirties or early forties, you could see some faint  wrinkles under her eyes. " Jasmine Montez right, Boy, am i glad to see you!" She says pointing to a small chair infront.  "d'ya like some chocolate" She offered.

" No ..Thank you", i say slightly confused. A) Who is she? B) Why am i here? C) And why is she offering me chocolates!? Okay, i am more than slightly confused. " Oh silly me,forgot to introduce ma'self! I'm Ms. Brookes, mmh, your head teacher" She says shaking my hands. My eyebrows knit together at the thought that she is head. A small single lady, blackbob, little heels,managing this zoo! Pfft! She seems way too relaxed." I called you to come in. To see how your doing, fitting in an' all and ofcourse the loss of your mother" She then sniffles sympathetically. My mother! How?

" Okay well...i'm okay fitting and my um mum died wh-

" OH MOM! My mom died as well!" She breaks in, now crying. I feel startled at her outburst and don't know what to do so i sit there awkwardly. She blows noisily and disturbingly may i add into a tissue. I decide to carry on. "My mother died of-"

" My mom died a few years ago,oh she was in pain, a diabetic even!" She screams again interuppting me! She was starting to get annoying! I pat her comfortingly. " look dear, i em so sorry to get you out of cless!" She says with her full on American accent. Then she picks a handful of chocolates and throws them in her mouth. " D'ya want one?" She offers. " No..... thank you" i say. What a character. " Well boy have i had an interesting conversation with youhh! Please headback to class and maybe i'll see you later!" She grins. Without a second glance, i slowly run-walk out of her office completely speechless. On my way down the halls i bump into a masculine chest, goshh americans are like giants! "ARGH!!!" I scream. I run into the girls toilets panting, which gave me a bigger fright . Toilet rolls scattered across the dirty tiled floor, blurry cracked mirrors, broken cubicles and the walls were full of rude words. To top it all off, it smelled odius!

I ran out feeling utterly disgusted and lost i was almost tearfall. I came out to see a hall filled with wild animals. They pushed and shoved through the masses of people,throwing paperballs and playing soccer! THIS was school at America. I was used to it,( seeing it on TV.) Typical. Just Typical.

 .