[7] - From This Moment

Start from the beginning

Andrew was reading a book when he suddenly heard his older brother singing from upstairs and he rolled his eyes and fumbled for his iPod, switching it on and turning it up to the loudest volume, sinking into his sheets. Rory had been acting like that all week and as endearing as it was – he was really happy for him – it was getting too sickeningly sweet for his taste.

Rory hummed as he had his shower and got dressed, switching off his stereo before heading downstairs to make breakfast. He was practically vibrating with energy as he opened the curtains in the sitting room and the windows, his humming never stopping as he walked into the kitchen.

Breakfast was ready by the time Andrew decided to come out of his room, holding the novel he’d been reading in his hand and resting against the doorjamb to eye Rory with a smirk.

“When’s the wedding?” he teased and Rory had the grace to blush.

“Don’t start,” he said sternly despite his blush, placing a plate of eggs, sausages, buttered toast and baked beans on the table for Andrew.

Andrew raised an eyebrow at the feast, his mouth helplessly watering. He made his way into the kitchen and pulled out a chair, dropping his novel on the table and dragging the plate towards him, “what are we celebrating, exactly? Are you pregnant?” he sniggered and Rory flicked a bean from his plate into his face, making Andrew laugh and reach for the napkins on the table to clean it off.

“What? Can’t I make a nice breakfast once in a while?”

“Mhm,” Andrew replied with a snort.

“Ugh,” Rory groaned, trying to pretend that his cheeks weren’t currently burning red – curse this pale skin that blushes easily! “Hot chocolate or tea?”

“Tea please.”

Rory made two cups of tea and sat opposite Andrew on the table and they began to eat. Andrew noticed his brother kept watching the clock as he ate, his foot tapping impatiently underneath the table.

“So, where’s the husband taking you then?” he asked, sliding some of the baked beans unto his buttered toast.

Rory blushed, “none of your business.” Unlike Andrew, he disliked baked beans with a passion, his plate having everything else Andrew’s had except the offending proteins. When he was done eating, he heard the sound of a car and he was instantly jumping to his feet, picking his cup up to drain his tea and cursing inwardly because it was still too hot.

He dropped his plate and cup in the sink and said to Andrew, “Please put those in the dishwasher, will you? I won’t be back till late!” and he was grabbing his wallet from the table and patting himself down to make sure he forgot nothing.

“Text me, okay?” Andrew said, taking a sip from his cup.

“What are you, my mum?”

“Oh go suck your husband’s dick.”

“Jesus Christ, I’m going to wash that mouth with bleach. Don’t turn the house inside out before I get back,” Rory groaned before he was waving and leaving the house, jogging down to the waiting jeep.

Jeremy was standing beside it, a grin on his face as Rory approached. He leaned down to kiss him softly on the lips before opening his door for him and then walking around to the driver’s side to get in. Then they were shooting out of the driveway and on their way to Alton Towers.

“I’m so excited,” Rory gasped, bouncing a little in his seat, “I can’t remember when last I went to an amusement park. I think I was like eighteen or something and it was back home with mum and dad. They kind of remind me of – what do you even call those things? Uh, right! They remind me of fairs, you know? Oh, by the way, Andrew just loves amusement parks. He takes his girlfriend to Alton Towers to spend the weekend sometimes and I’m talking too much.”