[19] - Can I Have This Dance?

[19] – Can I Have This Dance?

He’s hardly said the words since then.

Ever since Jeremy and Rory had made up about two months ago, Rory rarely ever said those beautiful three words to him and it was making Jeremy feel extremely insecure and confused. There were still many times he felt like backing off, felt like just ending things with Rory and going on the easy life by himself in his little cocoon where he wouldn’t get hurt but Rory’s words from that faithful night that he’d finally taken one step forward to love instead of back, those heartfelt words of love and passionate kisses were what made him take more steps forward, daring into deeper waters with Rory.

Sometimes he felt like he was suffocating. Sometimes he wanted to just leave without saying anything. But something kept holding him back. He couldn’t leave Rory; he couldn’t make himself do it.

Was this what true love felt like?

Even now, looking at Rory, there was this hot, burning feeling in his chest. His breath would hitch, his heart would skip and he would feel like he couldn’t breathe. But God, loving him felt so good, especially now that he knew that Rory loved him just as much.

Except now, he wasn’t so sure anymore because Rory hardly ever said the words to him. He knew he was probably being slightly childish and conceited to want Rory to keep reassuring him of his love but he couldn’t help it. He didn’t want his insecurities to get the best of him but that didn’t change the fact that he wanted Rory to keep telling him he loved him every minute of every day.

Was that really a bad thing?

“Your tie is crooked,” Rory said with a soft smile and Jeremy smiled back, licking his lips and tilting his head up a bit for Rory to adjust said tie.

The wedding was starting in about thirty minutes. Jeremy and Rory had been booked one of the penthouse suites of the nearest hotel to the beach venue – the hotel was literally a ten minute walk to the beach but Jeremy wanted to use his car anyway, using the sand getting in their shoes as his excuse to avoid walking.

His parents weren’t going to be in the same hotel of course, they were immediately going to disappear for their second honeymoon and the location was kept discreet as they’d always wanted but couldn’t afford the first time they’d gotten married.

The triplets and their husbands were busy getting the place ready and they’d shooed Jeremy and Rory away, telling them to have fun and not stress because they had everything under control which Jeremy didn’t doubt one bit. He and Rory had originally helped with the planning and arrangement of the venue until all that was left was the reserved seating and the reception which was when the triplets had shooed them away.

The girls loved Rory and vice versa. Just the way Jeremy clicked with Andrew was the same way Rory clicked with Reina, Amanda and Octavia. It was like he was the long lost little brother that they never had and it made Jeremy only slightly jealous. When Rory had been busy helping out, the triplets had cooed over him to Jeremy telling him that he’d made a nice choice and making him blush.

Rory hadn’t met his parents yet. The parents – Shauna and Josh – hadn’t seen each other since the week of the wedding began, wanting that day to be even more special. They hadn’t seen family or friends either and Jeremy really didn’t understand why they were practically isolating themselves until the wedding but he didn’t question it.

Jeremy had used the opportunity to take Rory around town when his sisters had shooed them away, buying him expensive gifts and treating him like a prince. It was all worth it for the blush on Rory’s cheeks and his pleased and truly happy smiles.