Prologue

I can never understand why my nightmare would never let me go back to when I met the lost boys. I was starting to forget their faces. Every time it ends the same way and I don't know why.

"Peter!" I called out frustrated. "Where are you?"

"Over here Windy," he pops his head out from behind a tree. "I want to show you something really special."

"You said that the last time, but it was just a frog and he licked my feet. I hope whatever you want to show me doesn't want to lick me again. It's gross," I giggled.

"I swear it will be the best thing ever Windy," he smiled again and lights went off in my head. I don't know why I was so attracted to him, even after what he did to me. It was just something about Peter. "It's not even a thing, it's a person, or people."

"People?"

"Yes," he jumps up and down, "the lost boys. They're hilarious. You'll have so much fun with them Windy. Come on," he held his hand out to me. I took it without even thinking about it because I knew I would follow him anywhere. "Just one problem."

"What?" I was bemused.

"We have to climb up there," he pointed to up a cliff. He has got to be kidding me. There was no way I was going up there. "Come on Windy."

"O-okay," I said frightened. I just couldn't listen to my brain, could I? All my worries wash away when we're on flat ground again and his hand was in mines. "Peter, it's beautiful up here."

"Beautiful?"

"Oh, never mind," I chuckled.

He pushes me forward and I see the tree but then things start skipping ahead. I know I've met the lost boys but I can't see them. Then it is just me and Peter again. I don't understand the look on his face and then he breaks my heart. Then he says those words that make me go away and I can't hold his hand anymore.

"Go home Windy, I can't follow you," he says. I hated when he said that. I don't think I'll ever for give him for that. He threw me away like I was nothing. I'll never forget this...ever. Those words were the last that came from his lips.

Then I am suck through something I can only describe as a vortex and I end up in my bedroom. "Peter, take me back!" scream to the top of my lungs, but he never came back. That was the day and everyone started thinking I was crazy. "I just want to hold your hand, please!" I cried.